1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

OSW2 - One sheet wing

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by matt_o_70, Apr 5, 2012.

1. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Member

I really wanted to build the Divinity II - but seeing as it is quite large 48" I went looking for something a bit more portable. This is the 30" OSW from the RCG thread. It is sized to maximize the $ tree 20 x 30" foamboard so this did not maximize the FFF. I used the unused FFF space to cut a few needed parts for my other projects.

I simply converted the PDF to DXf and did a little work to seperate the parts to be PP ready. This is my first attempt at this so I was pretty happy that it worked out at all. Check out the RCG thread for build notes.

There are a few details that might be reworked.. But I will wait to see how this works out after the first flight. I have cut this successfully with my 1/16" bit and am still building the wing. Attached files RCG OneSheet Wing.skp (348 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I would say you did a great job on this conversion Matt, and for your first time this is incredible work. Nice job and thank you.
    Looking forward to the build report and maiden
    Mark and Trish

3. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

Looks good! Looking forward to some pictures of the build!

I'm getting ready to work up a wing myself, more for FPV use though.

4. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Member

Finally got around to testing the build. The first build was to see how she flies... and if all goes well - I will spend some time with the SketchUp parts and make the PP do more work - there seem a few things in the original PDF that could be tweeked and make the build easier. I also was thinking - to make the front fuselage compartment partially hinged rather than cutting out the access slot as I did here and add a pocket for my battery and the Rx.

For a power system I have the (blue/Red wonder) Turnigy 2730 3000KV with APC 6x4 prop and nanaotech 850 2S battery. It was quite windy for the maiden and as this was my first time I never got the throttle over 60%, flew quite nice and had plenty of power. I will enjoy getting more flights in.

I made a mistake and glued the stabilizers vertical rather than with some dihedral - oversight on my part. After a crash due to revered ailerons... I added a bit of tape to the leading edge to fix my battery compartment and to identify the top / from the bottom. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Member

Update..
    I have many many flights on this now and have it trimmed nicely. This is a great Flier! perfect for the 3000 Kv Turnigy/blue wonder with the 850 nanotech 2S and Basic 18A ESC. fun at full throttle. I did cut out a Divinity II for one of the guys at the park. This is much more aerobatic by comparison and also easy to fit in the trunk.

All credit to Springer who Posted this on RCG - Thanks Springer.

Crashed, glued and added reinforcing tape multiple times... AUW is 9.8 Oz and a great parkflier. I will tweek the build a bit and build a second generation OSW for sure when I finally wear out the prototype.

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update Matt as well as the Divinity II comparison
    and thanks to Springer for sharing as well :good:
    Mark and Trish