1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Parameters window is empty??

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by jp3ac3, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jp3ac3

jp3ac3 New Member

Hi,
    I have just discovered your wonderful website and tools. I have installed Phatscript 0921 in Sketchup 7.1.4870 under OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

At first I could not get the gcode generator to work but after moving the scripts around, I now have what looks like good gcode. ( I put PhlatBoyz.strings in /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Resources/en-US/ and phlatboyztools.rb together with the whole Phlatboyz folder in /Library/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/tools (c.f. Sandbox)).

(The Help menu item did not work until I removed a spurious * in the help.html file.)

However, when I select Parameters under the Platboyz tools menu, all I get is an empty pop up window. I guess I can edit Constants.rb but perhaps someone else has already figured out what is wrong?

thanks again for all your great work

2. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Welcome to the forum jp3ac3.

SU uses a web browser for pretty dialog boxes and for some reason the javascript hooks do not work on Linux or Mac. As a workaround a flag was added to Constants.rb called $use_compatible_dialogs that can be enabled on Win/Mac/Linux. When that flag is set to true PS will use the less pretty but more reliable OS dialog boxes. Change the value and let us know how it goes.

If you can point out the asterisk in the help file I'll remove it in a future script release. I could also use a directory listing of how you placed the files if you have time to put one together. That would help other Mac users that want to use the script.

One final point is that SU 7.1 changed the way edges are colored. There is a one or two line patch in the PS release section on how to fix that if your cut lines are all black. The next release of the script will be out within a week or so and handles the different versions without the patch.