1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlat3D Releases

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Related Software' started by jovian, Dec 27, 2010.

1. jovian

jovian Member

All I am creating this thread for releasing the Phlat3D plugin. While this will be eventually wrapped into the phlatscript/sketchucam software until that happens I needed a place to quickly release updates. This thread is that place. So here is the first update. It should correct the gouging issues the jkarnacki was seeing in his busted sign and the similar issue jnida63 was seeing in his p38 fuse. Hope you enjoy and let me know of any problems that you think need fixed. Its easier and fasterto fix the issues now then later when its integrated with sketchucam.

While the script is fairly straight forward. I have received requests on its usage as well as how I created the file for the hollow cutting. You can watch the how to video here
    Attached files Phlat3D.rb (19.6 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thank you Jovian!
    Mark and Trish

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

So, where are the simple instructions for using this?
    1) Do I make a block of material as thick as the part I want to cut, but slightly larger in X and Y?
    2) Then I paste a picture on top of that block somehow? bmp? jpg? dxf? what?
    3) Then "magic happens" and - - - - what? G-code pops out of my armpit?
    I know I read it all somewhere in the last week/month/hour, but I'm lost here. My brain isn't used to all this vicodin.

Thank you Jovian. Please remove this post to another area for the answer, I'm just lost. :oops:

4. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

lol Dorsal, check out the original Phlat3D thread (I believe in the plugins section of the forum) or my thread http://phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=268&t=2434 to see some example skp files. Look at the parameters I have set in the skp file and the thickness of the model itself. I think you can figure it out :D

- Jeff

5. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

Video is unavailable :shock:

6. jovian

jovian Member

Should be working now. It just takes a few minutes for youtube to process the file

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Ahhh, that helps too! Thanks Jovian. :)

8. jh1_14

jh1_14 New Member

this is really great. lots of thanks for this great one.

9. boggers12

boggers12 New Member

This is a cool and I want to learn more. But when I downloaded the .rb file to play around with it, nothing happens. I have it in my plug-in file and I'm using SU7 as I have read in the forum this works better. I am trying to start with the penny and little orb cutouts that were already drawn up, but when I click on the Phlat3D plugin, nothing happens. I pretty sure I should be seeing a screen for % step over amount, but I'm not getting that. Any help or walk through would be helpful.

10. jovian

jovian Member

Boggers12 this plugin is now built into sketchucam, which is the latest phlatscript as well. If you already have that no need to use this plugin just check the generate 3d in the properties. If not i reccomemd upgradingto sketchucam. If you domt want to do that pm me and we can figure something out. Also watch the video for usage. Updates are in the status window. If you think an error is occuring open the web/ruby console.

11. checkers

checkers New Member

Haven't seen any updates to this since last year. So ...

How do I get this to work? I have Phlatscript installed in Sketchup 7 but there are no 3D options.

I see a 'generate multi-pass' option. So what am I looking for and where is the option to do 3D?

Can you be very specific on how to draw and output gcode for a 3D model?

12. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Make sure you have the latest version of Sketchucam (used to be Phlatscript) here: viewtopic.php?f=98&t=2

Then just check the generate 3d box in the parameters. The video in the first post explains the 3d part. Attached files [​IMG]

13. checkers

checkers New Member

I looked at the files before I installed and compared to the new ones.
    Interestingly, they matched content and date.

But, when I overwrote the old files with the newly downloaded files the problem was repaired.
    I can now see the 'Generate 3D GCode' checkbox, etc.

No idea why re-installing worked, but I am glad that it did.

Thanks again.

14. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear your up and running checkers. Have fun :doubleup:
    Mark and Trish

15. PAULE

PAULE Member

:fugly: :flying: :fugly: