1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatprinter MK 1 Foam Table Plans

Discussion in 'Original Phlatprinter MODIFICATIONS' started by Blakez, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Blakez

Blakez New Member

Hi,
    I woundering were I can find the Mk 1 table plans. I have found the Mk 2 plans but have tried it and found that the Mk 1 printer isnt big enough to cut it. Any help would be great.
    Thanks

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

3. Blakez

Blakez New Member

Thank you. Still have a problem though. The only thing that shows up when I bring up in Mach3 is an upside down "COM". Any help woukd be greatly appreciated.

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Hi Blake,
    It sounds like your running the demo version of Mach3. It only allows 500 lines of gcode.

5. Blakez

Blakez New Member

I do only have the demo version. Do most planes require more than 500 lines of gcode? I might have to upgrade.

6. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Yes most plans have a lot more than 500 lines of code.

7. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

We are a distributor of Mach3 but you could try your hand at EMC2 as well. It's free and some of the guyz here are currently using it. The downfall is that it runs in Linux but they do have a live cd that you can run in Windows. Otherwise, if you decide to upgrade Mach, please feel free to visit the Phlat Store at http://www.phlatboyz.com

Mark and Trish

8. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

I just wanted to clarify what Mark said about the live CD. It doesn't run in Windows. You drop it in the CDROM drive and boot your computer from it. It doesn't modify anything on your hard drive unless you decide to install it. It is designed to give you an idea of how it works and test it out.

I'm going to write up a tutorial tonight to setup a virtual machine in windows that will run the live CD. It will give you an EMC2 window running inside Windows. You can not use this method for running your PP but it is great for visually testing cut files in a production quality rs274 machine controller. If you decide you like it setting up a dual boot Windows and Ubuntu EMC2 machine is pretty staightforward.

If you boot you computer from the live CD you can run your machine from that but you would have to reconfigure it every time you booted it up. I think this might be confusing so I'm going to work on the thread now...

Attached files [​IMG]

9. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

Ok I reinstalled the demoversion of mach and i see something has changed since i had the older version.now all i see is the upside down COM that he was talking about... the version i had of the demo showed the whole file, Something has changed with this newer version......... It has me scratching my head :(

Attached files [​IMG]

10. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Maybe he can get hold of an older demo version that allows you to see all the lines instead of just 500. There are a lot of nice back plotters out there like NCPlot if you just want to take a look at the gcode output.

11. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

Yea he needs an older version i think and he needs the templates for mach ;)

12. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I believe he added in the chat tonight? that he just purchased a full version Mach3 :)
    Mark