1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatscript capabilities; newbie questions

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by dinki, Nov 4, 2010.

1. dinki

dinki New Member

Please excuse me but I am about to ask what is probably a dumb question. I'm in the process of building my own cnc router for woodworking and I've come across this forum after doing a search for 'sketchup to gcode'.

I understand that Phlatscript is 2D only, but would it be possible to use the Gcode it creates for cutting out parts out of 3/4" MDF with through holes? Will the Gcode produced allow for multiple passes as my end mill will not allow me to cut the entire thickness of the MDF in one pass.

As you can tell from my question, I'm not familiar with the software side of CNC at all and am looking for an easy way to go from design in Sketchup to Gcode.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

First, Welcome to the PhlatForum, dinki.
    The answer to all your questions is YES, if you download and add the latest PhlatScript version. There is a "parameters" screen where you can tell it to perform multi-pass operations, and specify how deep you want each pass to go. Unfortunately, I don't have that software on this machine at work, so I can't describe exactly where the parameters screen is accessed. As I recall, it's the first icon in the new set the PhlatScript adds to your Toolbar.

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

This is the new parameters dialog screen, but basically the same as the current one:

Attached files [​IMG]

4. dinki

dinki New Member

Excellent. Thanks for the information guys.