1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatScript safe area vs PhlatPrinter template

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Stelio, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Stelio

Stelio New Member

Is the pp template not needed any more now that the ps has the safe area feature?

Stelio :?:

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Yes that is true, sorry I should have mentioned that.
    Now you can make your template any size you want to match your material size and you can move it around.
    Only the parts that are in the safe cutting aera are the ones that will be converted into gcode. So now you can work all your parts at once and then just put the safe cutting aera over the parts and out put the code as sheet1, sheet2, ect. Its a really nice feature.
    Mark

3. Stelio

Stelio New Member

While we are at it I ran into this problem with my first part cuts which were the extension tables for the pp .

I have set up soft limits in Mach3 for all axis with 0 being one side and whatever dimension was appropriate on the other side.

When I loaded the cut file into Mach3 I got a warning about exceeding the soft limits. After some searching in the cut code I found that there were some extremely small (ie -.o8) -x and -y travels. I compensated by changing the soft limits temporarily.

The long term solution would be to regenerate the table cut file to eliminate the negative travels in the x and y axis and repost on the web.

Thanks,
    Stelio

4. kram242

Hmm I bet that is due to the fact that just a little of the tool path offset is hanging over.
    Thanks for finding that out. Soft limits must be nice to have :)
    Also can you show us what your extensions will look like in the scratchbuilders section. I really want to check them out. That way we can follow along with your design. Then (if you don't mind) you could post them in the Free plans section under others once you are done. If you are wanting to share.
    Thanks again Stelio
    Mark

5. Stelio

Stelio New Member

I am not sure I follow. The pp extensions ( pp tables) I cut were the standard ones provided on the PhlatBoyz website. I am not customizing anything on the tables, I am changing the numbers in the soft limit feature of Mach3.

Stelio

6. kram242

Ahh I see, I thought you were making extension tables to make the standard ones longer by adding to them. For some reason that's the way I read it the first time 'round.
    Sorry about that.
    Mark