1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatscript Version 0.921 Chat

Discussion in 'SketchUcam DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, Sep 13, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Here you can discuss the Phlatscript version version 0.921
    Have fun!

2. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Looking forward to trying this out Thank you Tim and Crew for all your hard work!! :mrgreen:

John

3. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

Just tried out my first use of the latest phlatscript. Maybe I am not seeing something here but the tabs come out different sizes in different areas as I add them to my plane designs in sketchup. It adds an inch to my default tab length. I don't double up on the tabs either.

4. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

The only difference in tab widths should be on arcs. A tab will currently consume a full segment of the arc in sketchup. To make the tab smaller until this is fixed on arcs increase the number of segments before making the offset cut. This will make each of the segments shorter.

You should be able to butt multiple tabs. If you are having other problems with specific model please post the SU file or PM it to me if you would like it kept private.

5. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Is there a way to set the default in sketchup to make the arcs like 50 instead of the 24. This would help a bunch as I always forget to change this on each model and have been getting the 1" cut tabs OUCH!! :D Let me know!!

John

6. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

ah of course I forgot about the arc segments. I usually jump it up from the 12 segments to 50 in the arc. I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks gasmasher ;)

7. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Happy to help frankrcfc. We will be looking at the arc and tab issue some time in the near future.

xtremeRCpilot
    , I don't see a way to set the default anywhere but maybe that could be an interim solution in the script. We could use the tab width to determine the closest number that will fit and draw the offset arc with that many segments. Then when a tab is created on one of the segments it will be pretty close to the defined tab width. Thanks for the idea.

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I haven't tried this yet but you might be able to change the segments then save a template. Then choose that template to open each time Sketchup starts. The only thing I'm not sure about is if templates remember arc and/or circle segments.

9. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I am trying to change my bit size in parameters box . it will not stay? Sometimes I will change it to 1/8 but, when I look at the offset it's still 1/16" I have clicked off the tool and tried it and saved it and came back to it and still the same some times but not allways. I am trying to use a new bit that is 3/32" and I can't get that one at all to go? I guess if I go to the parameters in the code and change it it will work but have not tried it. I am guessing the parameters just cant handle under a 16 of a inch because I have been getting a ~1/8 not 1/8 when I type in 3/32.

EDIT: I did a reboot of windows and it fixed the problem.

Cheers
    E-T

10. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

There appears to be a problem with centerline cuts not generating gcode. But if you rotate the group containing the centerline cuts, the gcode is generated.

I wrote a ticket for it and included an example file.

I would recommend that everyone check their gcode carefully before starting to cut your parts. There could be more lurking bugs like this.

11. Flashsolutions

I'm not seeing that here. Try changing the model info units from Architechural to Decimal and enter your bit size in decimal.

12. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

I looked at the ticket and made a reply. I can't figure out which centerline is missing.

13. Flashsolutions

There are three identical fuse components. One has a set of 4 center cut lines where the rudder meets the fuse on the fuse part.

Rotating the group 180 degrees either prevents or allows the gcode to be generated, depending on which way you rotate it.

14. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Flash I just replied to your ticket. I think it's the way you had NCplot viewing the file as to why your didn't see your fold(center) lines.

15. Flashsolutions

HA! You are right! I was looking at the cut paths in perspective view and it hid those lines! My mistake.

I thought sure I looked at this in Mach 3 but I guess not, cause it looks good there.

I will close the ticket.

Thanks.

16. Firefox

Firefox New Member

OK, I'm really new at SketchUP, just started playing with it and was recommended a few plugins and so far they seem to work. But I'm having a problem getting PhlatScripT to install.

Does the directory for installation have to be C:program FilesGoogleGoogle SketchUp 7 ?
    I am trying to use it on Vista in a SketchUp main directory with a different name and location.

Installing into my main SketchUp directory, I get a folder named PhlatScripT_v0921 with sub-folders named GNU Licence Info, Resources, and Tools. And it doesn't show up in window/preferences/Extensions.

SketchUp Pro 7

17. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Everything in the Resources and Tools folders from the zip go in the same named folders under Google SketchUp 7 directory. Normally when you unzip the file into the SU7 folder it will automatically place everything in the proper place but you ended up with the extra PhlatscripT_v0921 folder (guessing this is from the Vista unzip tool).

If you need more specific instructions just ask.

18. Firefox

Firefox New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I copied the contents from the the Resources and Tools folders to my SketchUp main directory and re-started SketchUp, still no go. :(

19. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Have you tried enabling the plugin in the SU preferences? I have noticed that the toolbar doesn't show up sometimes unless you toggle it off and then back on again.

Enable the plugin
    - Window | Preferences menu item
    - Select Extensions on the left
    - Make sure Phlatboyz Tools is selected. If it isn't in the list there is still a problem with the location of the files and we can work on this more.

Toggle Toolbar
    - This won't be available until you get it enabled
    - View | Toolbars | Phlatboyz menu item
    - Toggle it so there is no check and then back on again

20. Firefox

Firefox New Member

Phlatboyz Tools doesn't show up in the SketchUP preferences, even after rebooting the computer.
    This seems to be the problem.
    Other plugins do show up there.

Thanks

21. Firefox

Firefox New Member

I must be getting closer, I'm at least getting an error now and it is showing up in the windows/extensions

Error loading file jf_unfoldtool.rb
    No such file to load - progressbar.rb

22. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

I don't have the unfoldtool or the progressbar installed as the PS doesn't require either one. If you don't have the progressbar I think this is the one you need: http://www.smustard.com/script/ProgressBar

It looks like once you have the progressbar installed the unfoldtool will load properly. That's a few steps closer.

23. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Are you keeping the folder structure intact? You can't just copy the contents. You need to copy both the "Resource and Tools" folders intact, to the sketchup folder.

-Kwok

24. Firefox

Firefox New Member

OK, that did it. Loads up without any errors now.

Thanks

25. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Glad to see you up and running Firefox. I just realized you joined the forum yesterday so welcome to the forum. There are a lot of friendly folks and a ton of great information and tutorials here if you dig around for it.