1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Planes in a Trailer

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by Evil-Tunes, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Howdy,
    I just bought a trailer to haul my planes around. I have a weekend car that is a dune buggy. I can put a few planes in the pass.seat but, then I can't have a pass. So I was woundering if anyone uses a trailer and if so is there any tricks to the trade. My biggest concern is the bounceing around.

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I have a Prius. When I first bought it, I seriously considered a small trailer like yours. The Prius is not made for towing and Toyota discourages any and all trailers, although I have found hitches for it from 3rd party vendors.

My planes take up the whole back seat area and one of my concerns with a trailer that size is if I could fit my planes into it. The wingspan on some are 52" and most of those type trailers are only about 4' inside.

I like the looks of your trailer. Where did you get it? What was the cost? What are the inside dimensions?

I don't think you would have much trouble with the bouncing around, provided you stay on the main roads with it.

3. Evil-Tunes

It is a trailer off of a Goldwing Motocycle "aspencade" I think. I got it on the cheap because the guy totaled the bike and needed money to pay bills $300. Yes this is a little longer than most that I have seen.
    It is 3' wide x 4 1/2' long x 1 1/2' deep with the lid shut. The lid opens on the 4 1/2' side.
    It only weighs 200lb tops. I can fit my 62" wing from corner to corner and it's close. :lol: I'm thinking of a plane stand to fit on the top rack. Mabey not though because of not being able to lift the top then. When I fly I try to bring the whole workshop with me sometimes. I hate running home for stuff even thow I'm only 5 min away.

Cheers
    E-T

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

If you find that it bounces too much throw a couple cap blocks in there or a sand bag...

TAKE YOUR PLANES OUT FIRST! :lol:

5. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I had that exact trailer when i had a Gold Wing, they are very stable. Great find for the price.

6. Evil-Tunes

Thanks yes I was going to by a Harbor fraght one for 200 bucks and I would still have to build the top part and try to get it not to leak.

Cheers
    E-T

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice one Glen! That looks great..good find
    Mark

8. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hey Glen. I just stumbled upon this thread. Don't know how I missed it before. Cool looking trailer and great price! Now all you need is a Phlatboyz sticker on it ;)