1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Planet-cnc/ Phlatscript question

Discussion in 'Planet - CNC USB Software' started by SlowBipe, Nov 29, 2010.

1. SlowBipe

SlowBipe Member

I have a MK III ordered and delivery with UPS was just rescheduled for a day later and will arrive on Thursday this week. This is my first Phlatprinter and I have a question regarding how to get Sketchup drawings into the USB application. I have installed all of the applications on my PC and have been experimenting with making Sketchup drawings. I have also imported some of my AutoCad drawings directly into the planet-cnc software.

With the new USB driver, how do you get Sketchup data files into the planet-cnc software to drive the Phlatprinter?

I don't think you can import Sketchup files into the program. Does this mean that you use the Phlatscript plugin to convert your file into GCode, then import the GCode into the UPS Driver application?

If I import my ACad files directly into the planet-cnc software, can I add tabs in there easily and avoid using Sketchup all together?

Sorry for the amature questions, and thanks in advance for the help.

Michael

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

You are right, this is exactly what you do.

3. 3DMON

As far as the cad files.
    You will need to make sure you offset your lines accordingly to make up for the bit you are using. I'm pretty sure it will also let you add tabs but I haven't played around with that side of things.

4. 3DMON

Also I moved your question to the Planet-cnc area. Hope you don't mind.

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Unless, I am missing something, I don't see the basic features in the USB cnc software. My opinion is you should definitely learn Sketchup and how to use the Phlatscript. By basic features I would mean tool offsets, cut direction for inside and outside cuts, tabs.

-Kwok