1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

plans for Mk3

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter 3 Chat' started by swarfer, Aug 5, 2013.

1. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

Hiya
    Any chance of a Mk3 plan pack for those of us in far off foreign lands where shipping costs more than the kit, but parts can be had locally if only we know what to get? Since I have access to a big gantry router I could the parts on that if only I had the gcode. Besides, if I had that much money around I'd buy a car to replace my 20 year old one. Single income simplicity.

I've got motors and lead screws etc, and the plan pack for the JGRO. But then, after cutting some foam on the big flatbed (friends business machine), I realized the big issue around having to have a backing board when cutting through the foam, and how the phlatprinter solves that so nicely, I think I should maybe build a Mk3 instead of a JGRO. But I don't want to just rip it off from photos.

so, plans?

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hi swarfer,
    We will be sharing the plan set as soon as we can finish up the OpenBuilds website. We are really close and could open up now but there are a few more things we would like to complete. We will also be posting the plans here on the Phlatforum (or link) as well. We would do it now but it is going to take some time to gather everything together and make a nice package. We have a lot of things happening right now in the background (mainly OpenBuilds) that we are hoping will be an awesome resource to everyone wanting to build any machine/mechanism project. So if you can hold of for just a little longer we should be good to go soon and you would have the plan set to go by for your build. :good:
    p.s.
    I know what you mean, thats the reason I never cut foam on our big router. The Phlatprinter is much quicker and easier to fire up and use.
    Thanks'
    Mark and Trish

3. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

awesome thanks Mark. I'd read about the impending Openrail but had forgotten. No problem to wait for it though, got plenty of stuff on the go to keep me busy. firstly digging my workspace out from under a pile of 'stuff', then building the cnc hot wire cutter, and then.... and in between, building airplanes will have to happen....

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I know that feeling all to well, my friend :D