1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

[Plugin] Inside/Outside Phlatcut Direction (v1.1) Nov4, 2010

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by kyyu, Aug 12, 2010.

1. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Hello, the info here would relate to converting your plans to cut on a overhead gantry. I wrote a plugin for changing the direction of cut for Inside and Outside cut. And even more important is the info, in the video, about how see what is going on by viewing the properties of the phlatlines and phlatfaces. It's a very confusing, even to me, so I am sorry about some of the rambling as I try to convey my thoughts. It's a long video, 23 minutes. I would suggest you download it to view, so you can see the full size details.

I refer to the crash cast, because that's what got me thinking about this. So if you want to listen to that particular episode, get it here: http://www.thecrashcast.com/index.php?post_id=635726

The probes plugin, used in the video, is here:
    http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 23&t=21472

Update to version 1.1:
    This plugin is no longer needed, since the phlatscript now has the overhead gantry option. But here is a update to fix a bug and for SU8 compatibility. Note the old plugin had a bug where it would double up inside cut lines everytime you used it. I doesn't seem to effect the gcode, so doesn't do any harm. If you want to check for it just, just left drag a selection box over the inside cut line and see if there are any extra entities reported in "Entity info" dialog box. If you want to fix it, then just copy the part and delete the original. That seems to get rid of the extra lines. You can use either copy/paste or the move tool to copy.

-Kwok Attached files Inside-Outside cut direction.wmv (33 MB)Â ky_IO Phlatcut Direction (v1.1).rb (7.8 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Great work Kwok! This will be a huge help for all of us. Thank you for taking the time to look more into this and to write a plugin that really does a nice job of showing the cut direction and allowing it/them to be reversed. Mike and I had talked about this on the phone and I did test on the MK3 as Mike was working test on the MK2 and his overhead machine. He really went all out to try and get this solved and bring this to light. Thanks goes out to Mike as well for getting this going and Dennis for helping to explain it with the right hand rule. Its seems so simple but the more you get into it the more complicated it seems to become :D
    Great job guys thank you again
    Mark and Trish

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the plugin showing up in the menu?

I have the kyyu rotate plugin installed and it shows up just fine but not the directions plugin.

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Are you looking in the right click context menu, in the [kyyu] submenu?

5. Flashsolutions

It does not appear in the context submenu at all. The rotate plugin shows up there, but that is all.

The plugin is in the root plugin folder with the rotate plugin.

6. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Flash you have to right click in the model itself.

Good stuff again Kwok, Thanks!

7. Flashsolutions

Ahhhhh! I see now. It does not show up in the plugins but only the context menu. I rarely ever use the context menu and I don't recall it being shown in the video.

Thanks for the answer. You get a gold star! :mrgreen:

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Awesome, I haven't got a gold star in a looong time. :lol:

9. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Another nice time saver kwok, a big thank you to you.

10. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Updated to version 1.1