1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Plugin Problem

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by Grabo, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Grabo

Grabo New Member

Hi Guys
    Can anyone tell me why when i use push pull plugin sketchup crashes i am new to this and was just trying it on to faces after i had downloaded the plugin i have progress plugin and other plugins work fine i am useing sketchup 7.0 i have tried it on 2 computers so i must be doing something wrong :(

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

How are you using it? Do you mean SU just hangs? Plugins do hang, when asked to do alot of work. And then it's hard to tell, if it's doing something or actually crashed. So you can try giving it some time to work. I've had it happen on a very large file, when using it from the context menu. In which case you can try selecting smaller groups of parts. It shouldn't hang if you are just clicking on parts, one at a time. If you want to post, pm or email me the file, I will have a look at it. Been meaning to change something in the plugin, to see if it will help prevent an actual crash. I had another plugin that definitely crashed and was able to fix it. But like I said, it's hard to tell if its just working hard or actually crashed.

-Kwok

3. Grabo

Grabo New Member

Hi Kyyu
    No sketchup does not hang it shuts down and a sign comes up send problem to sketch up i am new to sketch up as i have just got my phlatprinter the file is only 2 boxes and was only trying it i down loaded sketch up 7.1 first but read in threads there could be problems with it so deleted and installed 7.0 but problem still there.

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Hi Gra,

That would be a "Bug Splat". I didn't know what that was for the longest time. Though it was some nick name for a crash, but then it happened to me and it actually saids "Bug Splat". So you click on a simple rectangle face and get a "Bug Splat"? If that's the case, then I don't know what to tell you. It's never been reported before. And there is nothing for me to test, as it works fine for me.

-Kwok

5. Grabo

Grabo New Member

Thank you kwok
    The problem seems to have sorted its self i have tried push pull several times and is now working fine and i am not doing anything different but thank you for your response and the great job you do with these plugins