1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

pocketing and hole cutting

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by ebarlow99, Dec 31, 2013.

1. ebarlow99

ebarlow99 New Member

trying to cut a square 6x6 piece with a 3.14x3.8125 pocket in the middle of that piece...but i want a hole right in the middle of that pocket how do i go about doing that?

trying to make an arcade joystick sit in that pocket but it wont let me cut that middle hole after i pocket it

Eric
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I don't see in your picture where you have a pocket. I see that you are going to cut out a square, with the outside cut, with a whole in the middle.

None the less, it still should have cut the hole first and then cut the outside cut. If you could post the .skp file we could have a look at it. Hard, for me, to say what went wrong just looking at the picture.

3. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

see attached. you need to split the pocket into pieces, I did 2 initially (horizontal split) and held down CTRL when clicking for the pockets, that draws only the outlines.
    then I split those two vertically, held down SHIFT and clicked pocket, and that inserted the 4 areas of zigzags.
    REMOVE the SPLIT LINES after doing the pocket stuff!

the hole is a simple 'inside cut tool' on the inside of the circle drawn for the hole.

(took longer for the laptop to boot than to do the drawing :)

Attached Files: