1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Pressure/Drive Roller

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by TigerPilot, Jul 24, 2011.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

My PP was one of the first kits. I didn't start to put it together until last weekend. Of course, in the meantime the new pressure roller and the drive roller arrived so that I didn't have to use the original ones. The question is: what to do with them? Did anyone found a use for them yet? Mine are still in the original plastic rapping that Mark and Trish did. It just feels wrong to throw them out. :girl_cray2:

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I was thinking that we could use them to make extension roller stands, like you would use for a chop saw station where longer materials need support. When I made the Large Phlatboyz sign (in the PhlatLAB) I sure wish I had them. I needed to come up with all kinds of crazy ways to support material that long while it was milling :)
    [​IMG]

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

DOHHH (hitting myself with the palm of my hand on my forehead). I always have problem with support for long pieces of wood when I use my miter-saw. Sometime you can't see the trees in the forest. Thanks Mark.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

:) I just wish there was even more of a use then this, but I do think it would make a great project for supporting longer material. or maybe even somehow hook them to the Phlatprinter and make a roller type table? I think I would keep them separate because I too always find myself needing a support for my miter saw :)
    Mark and Trish