1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Printed Warbirds and the phlatprinter

Discussion in 'WarBirds' started by teched88, Jan 26, 2012.

1. teched88

teched88 New Member

I have been a member of RCgroups for many years, and I recently checked out some old forums that I was interested in and came across Printed Warbirds. I remember printing off about 5 or 6 warbirds on vinyl and rolling them up for a future build..... now where did I put those???

I see that Mark and many others here have posted on that forum as well. I was wondering if any of the "sketchup warbirds" here on phlatboyz could be the same dimensions or made to fit the "printed warbirds" from rc groups.
    What a wonderful combination that would be!

I was wondering if I could pull those PDF files into sketchup to get the exact dimensions and start from there??

I'm off to find my old printed warbirds..... I forgot about those for 3 years.

2. teched88

teched88 New Member

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hi teched88,
    Sorry somehow I missed this post all this time.
    You can do this on the Phlatprinter no problem, as a mater of fact this is exactly how we make the micro Flying Surfer Dude kits and the micro PhlatStang :)
    Check them out here
    http://www.phlatboyz.com/Phlat-Planes_c_9.html

[​IMG]
    We use clear Avery labels printed from 8.5x11 templates made in sketchup from the original designs. They are brought into Photoshop to added better graphics. You really just have to get the margins right in Photoshop after that.
    Works great! :good:
    Thanks for the link to these great designs, maybe we will see some of these in the near future
    Mark and Trish