1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

problems installing Phlatscript on a Mac

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by beanie, Apr 11, 2010.

1. beanie

beanie New Member

Hello everyone,
    Noob here, so i apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section; please lemme know where I should post this question. I tried doing a search for 'Phlatscript and mac' but didn't seem to get hits that related to my question. I am running a Mac OS 10.6 and Sketchup 7. I downloaded the Phlatscript and then tried unzipping the contents to MacHD/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/pluggins.
    Thusfar, I'm not having any luck getting the Phlat toolz to pop up in SketchUp. Any words of advice? I appreciate any help or direction.
    Thanks,
    -beanie

2. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

Put it in the tools folder not the plugins folder. You also have to put stuff in the Resources en-US folder. There might be something else too. Once you get to the Sketchup 7 folder follow the instructions in the Phlatscript zip file.

It's been awhile since I installed it on my Macbook so I'm going from memory. If you have any questions, let me know.

Hope this helps.
    Tim

3. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Hi Beanie, welcome to the Phlatforum.

Unzip the Phlatscript to a known folder (test or PS) just so you know where the files are located.

When unzipped you'll have 3 folders, 1) GNU Licence Info (for reading), 2) Resources (Phlatscript files), 3) Tools (Phlatscript files), and a file called PhlatScript Installation Instructions.pdf which explains how to install the script.

Basically just copy everything inside the Resource folder to your MacHD/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Resource folder and copy everything inside the Tools folder to your MacHD/Application Support/Google SketchUp 7/SketchUp/Tools folder. Overwrite any existing files if it asks.

If Sketchup is running you will need to restart it. If the Phlatscript Toolbar does not show up read the PhlatScript Installation Instructions.pdf file, it will explain how to get the toolbar displayed.

Hope this helps
    -Buk :mrgreen:

4. beanie

beanie New Member

thanks a ton for the help guys! i'll give it a shot tonight when i get home from work. i think part of the problem was that somehow, my unzip it program only unzipped the text files (4 of them). i'll have to go and look for the rest of those files. thanks again... hopefully it'll work.
    -beanie

5. beanie

beanie New Member

ok guys, i gave it a shot. i moved all the contents of the tools unzipped folder to the tools folder and everything in the resource folder to the sketchup folder.
    now i get a load error of the following when i open sketchup:

no such file to load -- Phlatboyz/Phlatscript.rb
    Error Loading File phlatboyztools.rb
    no such file to load -- Phlatboyz/Phlatscript.rb

so, i guess the question is where do i move the PhlatscripT_923 folder that has all the .rb files to? when i looked through the PhlatScript Installation Instructions, it doesn't mention anything about where to move these files.

thanks again for any help
    -beanie

6. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Drop the Phlatboyz folder into the google-google sketchup-tools folder

7. beanie

beanie New Member

thanks! that seemed to work. i think part of the problem has been my unzipping program only unzipping parts instead of the entire file.
    now, i can see the tools from the tools menu. i'll have to look at how to get the menu to show up across the top.
    -beanie

8. ballrun

ballrun New Member

Im having same error, and followed all instructions above. Can Someone hep a newbie?

9. ballrun

ballrun New Member

This is my error message: Error Loading File PhlatProgress.rb
    no such file to load -- Win32API. thanks