1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Problems with SketchUCAM on Sketchup 2015

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Beejay, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Beejay

Beejay New Member

Hi,
    Please bear with me if I am missing something obvious!!
    I have been using SketchUCam and Sketchup 2014 for quite some time with no problems. This morning when I tried to start Sketchup up it said my license had expired and would not open (even though I had the free version). I decided to install Sketchup 2015 which installed the 64 bit version.
    When I opened it up the SketchUCam tool bars are there but when you click the parameters button the window opens but all the fields are blank and non of the buttons work. You can only close the window from the "X" on the top RHS.
    I then noticed that SU2015 has installed under the Program Files folder wheras SU2014 was under the Program Files x86 folder. So it appeared that the SketchUCam addon was being read from Programsx86 folder. I have tried lots of things to try and solve it including copying the SketchUCam Addon from the plugins folder on x86 folder to the ShippedExtensions folder in the 64 bit folder but nothing changes.
    I have uninstalled SU2014 which leaves the Addons folder.
    Could somebody please advise me on what to do next as I am tearing my hair out.
    Brian

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

go to Tools|Phlatboyz|Options|Misc
    and set 'use compatible dialogs' to true.

That will make the parameters dialog work for you.

under 64 bit windows, 32 bit programs install into c:\program files (x86)
    and 64 bit program install into c:\program files.

assuming that you follow the instructions for installing, ie, Window|Preferences|Extensions and select the .rbz file, Sketchup will install it where it wants it, which, under Windows 7 and up is in the c:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming..... hierarchy. This works perfectly normally.
    You can see where it installed by clicking the Tools|Phlatboyz|Display Profiles Folder menu item, it will be in the Sketchup 2015 folder.

Have you installed the latest SketchUcam? if not, grab v1.3a and install it, then restart Sketchup and let us know what happens.

3. swarfer

this is because you selected the 'trial Pro version' option when you first installed it. that trial will expire. Rather select 'free version' (-:

4. swarfer

I'm thinking that you need to install Sketchucam in Sketchup2015, you cannot just trust it to find all the stuff from 2014 and still work. This probably applies to all plugins!

I have Sketchup 7/8/2013/2014/2015 installed and have to install plugins separately on each one.