1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Question for ya Blade mSR pilots

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rcav8r, May 11, 2011.

1. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

I have a Blade mSR that I've been tinkering with in the house. Now that it is nice I've been flying it around the neighborhood. I noticed this a bit in the house but a lot more now that I can do FFF outside.
    At times it seems to need full forward trim and some forward stick to get it to hover, and it is sometimes hard to coax into FFF. At other times it hovers with centered trims and centered fore/aft stick. A gentle nudge will get it into FFF, and too much makes it want to tuck under. The tuck under I can understand, and consider this normal. It is the full forward trim, and some fore stick at times that puzzles me.

I compared the servo arm position at what I would consider normal flight characteristics and when it is acting up. The arm is in the same position from what I can see.

So is anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal for such a small heli?

Other than that it's a blast to fly although the gyro has convulsions when in fast backward and sideways flight :)

2. Helno

Helno Member

I have noticed similar behaviour in mine. I think it has to do more with the flybar than anything else.

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Gee I forgot all about this post. I did check RCG, and didn't see anything there on it either.

I now think it is the flybar too. I have noticed that the tendencies with the wondering trim is really bad now, and is effecting sideways flight. The other day I couldn't even get it into forward flight a few different times. It was in a nice hover at eye level. I could see the servos moving, but it never really effected the flight. I checked the flybar, and there is a TON of slop in it along with some dust underneath where it meets up with the shaft. I'll be ordering a new flybar ( and shaft just to make sure) in the next couple of days to see if it helps.

4. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

I don't own an MSR but I can say, that with any fix pitch heli, it will tuck in FFF and the faster the heli goes, the worse it will get. Naturally you add more power to keep the same altitude but it only exasterbates the situation. I believe it does have something to do with the flybar,gyroscoping, lagging blade loss of lift etc...
    The slop in the flybar is probably only making the situation worse, because it allows the flybar to bobble or teeter.
    What matters it you are having fun with it.