1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Recurve

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Related Software' started by kram242, Aug 9, 2011.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hey guyz found this useful plugin, I have not tried it with SketchUcam yet but I am hoping that it will do the trick to get our curves back for true arcs

Weld gets Reboot with Recurve

“This plugin converts a sequence of edges into a curve. Useful when performing an operation has exploded a curve which you want to stay as a curve. Also includes options to quickly select edges which could potentially form a curve, and filter the selection to only include specific types of edges, faces or groups.”

Simply download the attached script to your plugins folder to try it out.

Instructions:

- Quickly select edges to be recurved
    Select a single edge from the edges to be made into a curve and choose "Recurve -> Select Curve" or "Recurve -> Select Curve (Planar)" from the context menu. If the curve exists in a single plane, "Select Curve (Planar)" is more likely to find the correct sequence of edges. The command works by following a sequence of edges which don't change direction sharply.

- Recurve a sequence of edges

Select all the edges which make up the curve and choose "Recurve -> Recurve Edges" from the context menu. The edges should be instantly replaced with a curve.

- Filter the current selection

From the context menu choose "Select Only -> " followed by your filter choice. The selection will be updated to only include those entities matching the filter.

- Reverse a curve

Select the curves you want to be reversed and choose "Recurve -> Reverse Curve" from the context menu. There will be no visible change, but the curves will be reversed.

More information can be found here:
    http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 22#p324196

Attached files [​IMG] recurve.rb (10.3 KB)Â

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Great find, Mark. Will try it out.

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Well I just tried it. It doesn't convert it as an original Sketchup curve so true arcs from Sketchucam do not show up with it.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

ahh that stinks.. Well we tried anyway. I have it installed and looks like it has no problem welding all the segments together which may come in handy?
    Thanks for trying this out guys I really thought we were on to something there :)
    I did however find this quote so they may be working on it?
    Mark and Trish