1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

roller arived damaged

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Build Support' started by Rowedent, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

i finally got my kit and am very happy with the way all of the parts are sorted and the clear instructions, but i have a problem. One of the two large rollers arived damaged. The axil going through the center must have been hit, knockin it about 1/4 inch. This broke off the plastic gear on one end. Can i just hammer it back to match the other roller, and what glue do you recommend to reattach the gear?

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hello Rowedent,
    Sorry to hear this happened to your drive roller.
    We appreciate your willingness to fix the one you have (sign of a true DIY guy :good: )
    As for the glue we are using standard PVC cement like the kind that is used for plumbing fittings. Also hammering the axle shaft back even with the other will work as well. These are press fit so it should not be a problem. You will want to make sure that you have a hole in maybe a piece of wood to put the shaft though as you tap the shaft so that the bearing will stay in place.
    I would also recommend lightly scratching the pulley and the end cap with some sand paper to give the glue a grip as well dry fit it before gluing it to make sure its going to fit right. Make sure not to get any of the glue on the teeth of the pulley.
    We will be happy to send you a replacement drive roller if this does not work out for you
    Thank you again :)
    Mark and Trish

3. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

I will try to fix the one i have and let you know. It is good to know that i have a backup if i need it. I will be in the usa from oct 17-nov 9, so i have a chance to pick up stuff i need to bring back to saudi then. Hopefully a new drive roller will not be one of the things!

I tried to attach a photo but the image format was not accepted.

4. kram242

Thanks for the reply Rowedent
    Sounds good, either way your covered :doubleup:
    Mark and Trish

5. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

Ok, i think i fixed the roller good as new. We will see how it holds together. I almost completed the build of the mkiii, just need to install the router and power supply, but i am in the usa and wont get back to saudi until mid nov. I thought that the kit went together very well, the videos were great. I had one goof, a nut came off inside the gantry, and i botched the friction tape a bit, i think it will be fine.
    I want to buy some more bits for different materials while i am here, and i also remember something about a centering attachment. Can you point me to some recomendations?

6. kram242

Hi Rowedent,
    As for bits check out this site http://www.precisebits.com/applications/pcbtools.htm
    As doe the stander ed PhlatBIT you can find them here: http://www.phlatboyz.com/Foam-Cutting-Bit_p_25.html and LOWES sells them as well.
    As for the centering attachment? I am not sure what that is.
    We do have other attachments like the sharpie attachment for makers (for some reason its not on the store yet) If your interested just let me know I can get one to you.
    Also check out this thread for Material/Bit Specific Feedrates:
    viewtopic.php?f=141&t=3149#p31219
    Hope this helps
    Mark and Trish

7. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

8. kram242

Good find Yoram :good:
    Thanks
    Mark and Trish

9. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

Thanks guys. I picked up a few in Lowes to tide me over. Ill look into the other options