1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SAPAC F-22 FLIGHT..

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rjarois, Apr 18, 2009.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

hello agian fellas...got my sapac f-22 up for its maiden this mornin.....forgot to get video, monkeys get my age, the memory is the first to go, lols. i got the camera out for the second flight. the model is not very fast, i kinda figured it would be faster, but it is fun to fly anyhow. randy.

2. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Randy I did a Quick Doppler of one of your passes at 3min in to video and came up with just about 84mph I can get it better with a temp and # of blades. Great flying sounded somewhat windy? Nice landing too. :D

You can get the doppler program here. Grab the latest one allmost at end of posts. posts #155 #153 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819126

Cheers
    E-T

3. rjarois

yea glen it was a lil windy....it was around 75 deg, and the model has two fan units with 6 blades each. it looked to be around 75mph to me. at least the profile looked cool in the air. btw, i had to land, them fans suck down 3200mah in about 3 mins...randy.

4. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Randy, I'm just wondering what you consider fast?! -I've had the same problem w/ those edfs... battery life is really short! Better have a bunch of batteries, or other flyers!

5. rjarois

eric, get yourself a good pylon racer, then you tell me whats fast, lols. yea, i always bring a "pile oh models" when i go flyin....and 5 chargers, with plenty of lipos....i can fly nonstop if i wanna, but it gets very tiring after a wile. would be cool to meet sometime this summer and fly since your so close....would love to see that corsair in the air. randy.

6. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Yeah that sounds like a good idea man, in a week I'll check the weather and get back to ya (I'll have time then hopefully).

7. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the Doppler link Eric. :)

The F-22 looks good and stable . Hard to say about speed via a vid, but 65-70ish seems about right.