1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Screen capture

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by kram242, Jan 4, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

This is a great screen capture program, I use it for all my screen captures. Its free and works great. This software is well designed, I have a shortcut for it in my quick start bar.
    You guys will love this one.

FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool that allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages. You can choose to send captures to editor, file, clipboard, printer, email, Word/PowerPoint document or upload them to your website. Editing tools include annotating (texts, arrowed lines, highlights), resizing, cropping, sharpening, watermarking, applying edge effects and many more. It also allows you to record screen activities and sound into highly compressed video files. Other features include global hot keys, automatic filename generation, support for external editors, a color picker, a screen magnifier and a screen ruler.

FastStone Capture saves files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats.

No Adware No Spyware

Here's the link http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

BTW once you capture something, and before you save it check out all the features like draw, highlight, captions on and on.. Its really great software...
    NOTE * Also I did not notice this but now it has a new feature!
    Record screen activities and sound into video files Perfect for showing someone what you are trying to get across in sketchup, quick and easy.

EDIT
    * Looks like this new version is a trial ( the older version was not) now 30 days then you have to pay a small 20 dollar fee. It is worth it as you can now to video screen capture.
    Also if you guys notice that the video looks strange just go into options and set the video quality to better and it will look fine.

Here is the FREE
    no video version :) Works great and this is what I am using now since my trial for the newer version ran out.

Mark Attached files FSCaptureSetup53.zip (1.3 MB)Â

2. kram242

Here a sampe video of what the screen capture looks like

Looks sharp
    BTW you can save out as a .wmv and then upload it here like you would any attachment, the forum will auto embed it :) Attached files Video_2009-01-04_111849.wmv (1.9 MB)Â

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I was wondering the other day how you and crash and the other captured it. Now I know. :D Thanks for the heads-up

Yoram

4. kram242

Well, for a lot of the videos we used Camtasia Studio 5 but that was a trial and its kinda expensive so I am going with this the funny thing is that it almost looks the same for the video capture part.
    One note is that on my system I really had to experiment with the video settings in this program to get one that I liked.
    I tell you though this is one of the best peices of software written out there for the price.
    Also I am sure if you do not care about the video editing part of it you can still get the older version and it is free! :)

5. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

6. kram242

Cool! thanks man
    Mark

7. kram242

Ok my trial is used up on that one so for those of you who want this cool little program but do not need/want the video capture in the new trial release for 20 bucks. Here is the older (no-video) FREE version
    Enjoy
    Attached files FSCaptureSetup53.zip (1.3 MB)Â