1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SketchUcam - No profiles found - Mac

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Peterv3210, May 10, 2016.

1. Peterv3210

Peterv3210 New Member

Hello,

I'm new to SketchUcam (and cnc for that matter) but i cannot save any profiles.
    When i click on save i get a dialog box "Tool change options" and when i click on OK nothing happens.

If i want to view the profiles folder with: "Tools/Phlatboyz/Display Profiles Folder" i get the following message:

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 17.00.45.png

The folder does exist.

Any ideas?

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

and when you try to open a tool profile, are any listed?
    though you should get a file dialog after the tool change dialog, asking for a tool profile filename.

that is a path to a folder, so choose the application that opens folders, right?
    sadly I do not have a Mac to test with, so all I can do is guess a bit.

3. swarfer

hmmmm, maybe it needs a file type specifier?
    something like
    file://path/here

anyone with a Mac that can tell us?

4. Peterv3210

Peterv3210 New Member

Hi Swarfer,

If you mean by:
    "Tools/Phlatboyz/Load Profile" i get the following dialog screen:
    Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 08.32.43.png

After the tool change dialog nothing happens, no dialog asking me for a tool profile filename appears.

Apparently its not looking for a folder but for a file with that name, which clearly does not exist (because its a folder).

5. swarfer

That is the normal message when it cannot find the folder, and if it is not saving a profile, it will not find one to display in the open selector.

Can you open the Ruby Console and then do a 'save' and a 'load' and send me the text that appears in the console?
    Use the menu 'Window|Ruby Console' to open it.

Can you edit a file? (-:
    in HelpTool.rb (you will have to search for it wherever Sketchup puts plugins on the Mac)
    change line 66
    UI.openURL(path)
    to read
    UI.openURL("file://" + path)

then close/reopen Sketchup and see if the
    "Tools/Phlatboyz/Display Profiles Folder"
    will now open the folder.

6. swarfer

@KrzysztofB can you help with this Mac issue, please?
    I am starting to think it may be some setting on the machine itself rather than a fault in the code.

7. Peterv3210

Peterv3210 New Member

Don't know exactly what you mean by doing a save/load in the Ruby Console but when i type save / load in the Ruby Console i get:

> save
    Error: #<NameError: undefined local variable or method `save' for main:Object>
    <main>:in `<main>'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ProfilesTool.rb:99:in `eval'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ProfilesTool.rb:99:in `savepanel'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ProfilesTool.rb:99:in `select'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ParametersTool.rb:367:in `block in select'
    SketchUp:1:in `call'

> load
    Error: #<ArgumentError: wrong number of arguments (0 for 1..2)>
    <main>:in `load'
    <main>:in `<main>'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ProfilesTool.rb:99:in `eval'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ProfilesTool.rb:99:in `savepanel'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ProfilesTool.rb:99:in `select'
    /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/tools/ParametersTool.rb:367:in `block in select'
    SketchUp:1:in `call'

When i change the HelpTool.rb file it opens the folder in Finder (mac's version of the explorer in windows).

8. swarfer

nope, do not type anything there, just have it open when you activate the menu commands in the usual way.
    any error messages will appear in the Ruby console (-: I need to see the error messages.
    Now that is what we want since that is the intention of that menu item, to take you to the place where the tool profiles are stored.
    Since Windows wants to hide it from you I thought I'd make an easy way to get there.

I guess it does not happen often, but part of the tool profile idea is that I can set up a tool and save the profile, say for machining a part that is made from a particular material. Now when a friend/client wants to cut that part I can give them the Skp file AND the tool profiles they need so get good results without us having to exchange a bunch of emails about the settings (-:

9. Peterv3210

Peterv3210 New Member

Ok... All the Load-, Save- and Delete Profile actions do not show up in the Ruby Console.
    But... All the options like Tool, Misc, Machine etc. action show up as:
    saving to path /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins/Phlatboyz/Profiles

10. swarfer

stuff would only show up if there were an error that could be reported.
    I'm thinking permissions, but if the default options are saving ok then it cannot be that.
    deeply frustrated now that I don't have a Mac to play with >-:

11. Peterv3210

Peterv3210 New Member

Hope i didn't spoil your day :)
    if you want me to try something, let me know!

12. Peterv3210

Peterv3210 New Member

Hi again,

I just bought a new Mac, complete new install different operating system (El Capitan) new install of SketchUp and SketchUcam.
    But i still cannot save any profiles etc.

13. swarfer

So if it is 'el capitan' then is is not 'darwin'? That would make the path invalid.....
    So, attached is a file, you need to find your existing copy of this file and replace it with the attached one, then restart Sketchup.
    And of course please let me know if this fixes it. (-:

Attached Files: