1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Sketchup here just makes empty files.

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by ewo, Sep 6, 2009.

1. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

I must have installed the script a half dozen times and cant get it to make the cut files at all !

Can anyone here help and tell me what i did wrong? :? Attached files sukhoi2.zip (202.8 KB)Â

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

The main thing I see is your parts are components.

First explode all the parts. Then use the phlatscript on the parts. After this you can output the gcode or group the parts in the order you want cut then output to gcode.

Hope this helps.

3. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

EWO
    I looked at the file and I would suggest a ruby plug in called stray lines. It is free and will help with the problem but not solve it. http://www.smustard.com/script/StrayLines

Untill the new Phlat script comes out. Sometimes segemented lines will mess up the line tool like this.
    If you don't get a Face when you use the "in or out" line tool it will not show up in the gcode.

Also another good Ruby plug in is Repair broken lines. http://www.crai.archi.fr/RubyLibraryDepot/Ruby/en_edi_page.htm

Still after all that I had some problems getting the top fuse to Create a face with outside line tool. :?: I think I found the problem on two tabs that were not square. Here is one of them

Also I would suggest changing your length snapping to match or lower than your precision value. I like 1/16 for both. Easier when zoomed in. :mrgreen:
    When importing CAD DXF's sometimes it can be a real BEAR to get the dxf lines back in shape. :ugeek:

Hope this helps :?:

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Evil-Tunes

BTW nice Design

Cheers
    E-T

5. 3DMON

Ewo I had no problems getting the code to work once I exploded all the components.

Make sure you do the fold lines on the wing before doing the outside tool though.

6. Evil-Tunes

Are you beta testing the new script?
    What script versiong are you using?

Cheers
    E-T

7. 3DMON

Sorry, the one I checked it with is the beta. I forgot to see if .920 would work on it, but it should.

8. 3DMON

Ok, ET and I are both right. First explode everything (no components for the script to work) also do not make the parameters box a component. This only applies to the parts to be cut not the model to the right.

Then just as ET pointed out, you had a dirty dxf import that needed cleaning up a bit. This is not a problem with the script, but a problem with the parts. I attached some more pics to show you what needed to be done. These are common problems to deal with when importing dxf's into Sketchup.

I was able to clean up the file and get the script to work on it. Also note the inside cuts will not work because the holes are 1/8" (same size as the bit). Instead you will need to draw a line in the center and make it a fold or centerline cut for the 1/8" bit to work.

I outputted a gcode to show you it does work, but note there are no tabs and the 1/8 holes still need to be done. It was just for illustration purposes.

Oh and this was all done with the .920 script.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] Ewo's sukhoi2 reworked.skp (671.8 KB)Â sukhoi2.cnc (9 KB)Â

9. ewo

it has been a while since i messed with sketchup. I was thinking my parts needed to be components for it to work......... :oops:

As far as the inside cuts , i want to make them with 2 passes with a 1/16" bit.

I see i have some more work to do with the model.... Thanks all for your help ! ;)

10. ewo

Ah well. I redrew the files without making them components.
    The script worked perfectly ! :D Thanks for all the help guys ! ;) :p
    Also made it out of bluecore just to test :lol: Attached files [​IMG]

11. 3DMON

Yay!
    Glad you got it working Ewo.