1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SketchUp Make / 2013

Discussion in 'SKETCHUP DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, May 24, 2013.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

SketchUp 2013 Released
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Trimble (the company that purchased SketchUp last year) has just released SketchUp 2013 with a variety of upgrades and enhancements.
    The free version of SketchUp now has a new name: SketchUp Make. The word “SketchUp” now refers to the family of products, with includes the “Pro” and “Make” verions.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Extension Warehouse
    The new Extension Warehouse is designed to be a “one-stop shop for anyone looking to customize their copy of SketchUp”, with tons of new features included.
    PhlatBoyz has been approved/invited to share SketchUcam on the Extension Warehouse! :doubleup:

[​IMG]

LayOut in SketchUp Pro 2013

New in 2013 they’ve “added hatching and other pattern fills, speedier vector rendering, better zoom, more useful callouts and other improvements we think you’ll love”. Here is more info about LayOut from the SketchUpdate Blog.
    http://sketchupdate.blogspot.com/2013/05/sketchup-pro-2013-closer-look-at-layout.html

[​IMG]

SketchUp Make

The free version of SketchUp now has a new name: SketchUp Make. The word “SketchUp” now refers to the family of products, with includes the “Pro” and “Make” verions.
    Download the free SketchUp MAKE here:

http://stg.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-make

[​IMG]

All told, there are quite a few great updates in the latest releases of SketchUp. While SketchUp isn’t being used for Google Earth as much as it used to (due to the automated 3D Imagery continuing to be rolled out), it is still an amazing tool for creating 3D models.
    By Mickey Mellen

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

My first impressions are that is more like SU 7 than SU 8. It imports and exports .dxf files. You can save in any SU version. I didn't find out yet how to dock a tool bar to the side like you could in previous versions. The tools icons are new but act just like the old ones. Once I'll find out how to dock to the side I may use this as my main driver, rather than v7 that I use now.

3. kram242

Yeah I too am working to figure out the tool bars, I think that is the main downside. I do like that you can zoom closer then before :good:

4. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Already had my first bug splash. Could be a fluke.

The plugin that changed the units from inch to mm and back doesn't work in the new SU, don't know why. I use this plugin rather a lot.

After trying a few times I was finally able to dock the toolbar to the left side. I googled the docking and found that now it's not possible to get the toolbar to display in two columns, something about the libraries not liking it, but you can dock two toolbars side by side.

EDIT: My bad about the unit toggle. I used an old version. When I changed to the newer version it works!

5. kram242

That kinda stinks I really like it with the double. I guess we could try to use the small tool set and put them side by side so that they don't take up as much room.
    Right now I have been using the top and the left side.
    Mark and Trish