1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Slow shipping from HobbyKing

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by TigerPilot, Sep 10, 2011.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I haven't bought from HobbyKing in a long time. I bought form them now some things and after three weeks they are still in the Swiss Post-office. That is totally unacceptable. I will take a good look at the competition for my next purchase. What are your experience and where do you shop?

2. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    I have not had a bad experience with HobbyKing, It does say on their web site that a shipment can take up to 45 day to get to you from China. I'd give it a little more time.

Hope this helps.
    GHB :D

3. TigerPilot

I didn't see that it says 45days. Must have missed it. None the less, they are half-way there, to 45, and it is still unacceptable. I buy allot form China and it normally takes less than 3 weeks. I buy form Meritline and they sell with free shipping and it takes them less than 3 weeks.

4. Orion13

Orion13 Member

I've had an average of 2 weeks from them with the exception of ordering anywhere around February. The Chinese new year must be on heck of a celebration is all I can say. LOL

Gregg

5. SilverFox

SilverFox Member

In my experiences ordering from HK, the shipping gets delayed in Customs. I've seen my orders sit in Customs for a week before being handed over to the US Postal service. HobbyKing's process is not the problem IMO. It normally takes 2-3 weeks to get my orders.

If your package is in a Swiss Post office, then I would say it's not HobbyKing's fault. If it is still at HobbyKing's warehouse, then thats another story.

6. TigerPilot

SilverFox, HobbyKing knows that the parcels are delayed in the Swiss Post-office. They use this way of shipping and they should look for different courier. Just think about it. Instead of going east from Singapore, to California, it goes west. They don't use the Hong Kong postal service anymore, I think.

7. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I have stuff that was shipped using the Hong Kong postal service that should be here on Monday. Any time I order from Hobby King with there standard shipping I just think to myself it will get here within a month. Most of the time it's here in 2 weeks but I allow that fudge factor.

If you want faster shipping then go with the faster shipping method. That's when I have received my stuff in less than a week. With some bigger orders the price difference is very minimal.

8. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

My last order from them sat in processing for 1 week before I finally called them and asked what was going on. They said they have been hit hard with orders for the past couple of months. After they sent it, the package showed up in a week.
    Sometimes it is fast sometimes slow, its all on how the dice is rolled.

9. TigerPilot

I had put an order and it took them four days to process. After it was shipped I had put another order which took a day to ship. Both packages are stuck in the Swiss Post. I guess they don't like my. :D :D