1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Swap meet results

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by navionflyer, May 14, 2011.

1. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

I rented a table at the swap meet in Marshall Michigan today. The Balsa Bees who organized it did a great job and the airport manager was very supportive. They even mowed a nice runway for RC aircraft that they will be keeping trimmed for the summer.

Sales results were pretty slight. A lot of lookers, but not much buying. I cut out several planes and took examples of some. The only thing I sold airplane-wise was chuck gliders. The way it was organized, I knew there would be quite a few kids there so I sold the chuck gliders for $2 each and moved 17 of them. I took servos, motors, speed controls, etc. I got offers for less than I paid for stuff. So that was disappointing, but overall, it was a good time and I made a little money. From what I heard, others had similar experiences. Hopefully I didn't over-price stuff. Hardly anyone was even asking about the planes (RC that is). I spent more time talking about my QSC tri-copter than anything else. I think Crash is going to get a few more downloads from Michigan. A couple people sounded interested in getting the QSC tri parts cut.

Probably the best thing was meeting a guy who works for a local company. One of the the things they do is make foam molds and they are currently cutting them out with a saber saw. He saw the planes I had cut with my Phlat Printer and asked if I was interested in doing some work for them and I of course said yes. So hopefully that will turn out well.

Tim

2. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

I should add that the weather did not cooperate today. It was threatening rain all day and rained quite a bit early in the morning. There was some demo flying although the turbine aircraft didn't get to do a demo flight.