1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

That's why they call it a coincidence... ;)

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by rcav8r, Jan 25, 2012.

1. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

OK, now for something really off topic :)

Did you ever have one of those dreams where you wake up, then fall back to sleep with the dream picking up where it left off? And you know it's going on? I tend to do that a lot, but almost never remember the dream... Another thing that seems to happen to me a lot is when something happens in a dream that it syncs up with my alarm clock...

Well just this weekend this happened. In and out of the dream. I was dreaming that I was jumping out of a plane (see this story is aircraft related ;). Now I'm up for doing all kinds of things, but jumping out a plane isn't one of them. Anyway as I was getting ready to jump the Jump master counted down from three. On one, as I was about to jump out of the plane my alarm goes off just as the jump light in my dream lights up.

Well Over christmas, my daughter got an iPhone so I inherited her old iPod touch and an alarm clock dock. So i've been using that as my alarm (just enter the schedule once, and it's good to go). If I set it to plan random music, the alarm will play what ever the iPod decides to play at the time. Well it was this song: . Not exactly a "wake up" song, quite the opposite actually, and it is one of few slower songs out of about 20000 that are on there, but the title is rather apropos. Gee what a coincidence...

I also use this iPod in a small dock on my desk and have it set on random play.
    Then today at work during lunch we somehow got to talking about dreams...(Hay it's better than politics and religion ;) ) I brought up about the leaving off and picking up thing, and the syncing of the dream and the alarm... apparently I am the only one who has that happen....

Anyway I headed out to the plant after lunch which I almost never do, and when I got back to my desk I found that I left the iPod on while I was out, also something I almost never do... And this song was playing.. The lyrics of this song really play into the leaving off and picking up thing, and is a better wakeup song, but hay can't have everything ;)

As George Carlin once said... They call it a coincidence as that is what it is... a coincidence. That's why they have the word. :)

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Cool stuff.
    In my life a lot of these coincidences are seen as divine interventions. Right place, right time sort of things.

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Cool songs! man that girl hits every note spot on!
    I keep a close eye out for these too Shaun. You know when its one of them over the years, but a lot of them get by as some are hard to understand. Most of the time if I don't get the first time, more will follow until I do :)
    Cool topic :good:
    Mark and Trish