1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

The MK II is Shipping!!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Phlatprinter MKII Talk' started by kram242, Jun 9, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

In case you missed the announcement, we wanted to let you know that the MK II is now available for shipping. Our pre-order stage is complete and the first batch of pre-orders have been mailed! Thank you everyone for ordering and having faith in us to complete the project. We hope you love your MK II as much as we do.

Our goal is to minimize shipping wait times. We are going to be working on producing a few Kits to have them in stock. In the meantime, please feel free to pick up your Phlatprinter MK II Kit and we will do our best to ship as soon as possible.

Thank you again. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Mark and Trish Carew

2. iflyos

iflyos Member

Just checked the tracking number, and mine got to the post office at 6:36 this morning...WOOHOOO!!!!!

I cannot wait to get home and find my box of goodies on the porch!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

3. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Mine made it at 07:34. :D I hope it makes it in today! If not, at least I know it will be here no later than tomorrow...

I haven't yet received notification of the shipment of the wood parts kit, but I don't think I got notification of that last time. Nonetheless, there's plenty of work to be done before the wood pieces arrive, what with making the X drive roller and nip pressure rollers. Plus, I want to study the DVD from start to finish before embarking on the build.

The waiting is almost over!!

4. iflyos

iflyos Member

Just pulled in the driveway for Lunch....guess what is here?!!?!?!?!!?

Is it possible that I received the first MKII parts kit?!?!?! Let the fun begin!!

WOOHOOO

**Edit***
    Here it is..unopened, on my kitchen counter!

Tim
    AG4RZ Attached files [​IMG]

5. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

Mine got to the post office at 7:56 this am. It's within 3 blocks.

Jeff

6. Crash

Come on, Tim! You know you wanna open it!! LOL

7. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

It's here!!!!!! I work third shift. I'm opening mine. I'll sleep next week.

Crash, I can't believe you'rse made it all the way to Texas already.

Jeff

8. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Mine just arrived !!!!!!!! I had to open it and enjoy the well prepped box from Mark and Trish, They made it very easy for us and I cant wait to find the Bonez on my porch. This is going to be a fun build, I still need to order the electronics, so I better fire up Paypal WPOOOOHOOOO HOOOOOO Thanks again!! :)

John

9. iflyos

iflyos Member

I know what you mean, John..I am home on time for the first time in a while today, and I am working on cleaning the shop in preparation for the Bonez to get here. I scheduled the week after the 4th off so I can have that time to finish up a major cleaning of the shop, as well as the build of the MKII.

Hopefully all will go well, and I will have plenty of time that week to cut some stuff as well!!

I gotta figure out what kind of foam to order, too...I need to replace a couple of my indoor flyers, but I really wanna do a BAF type outdoor foamy as well. Decisions, decisions!

Tim
    AG4RZ

10. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

The wood parts are being cut as I type. It actually takes quite a bit of machine time to cut each Kit. We will keep you all posted with shipping information.

Thank you all for sharing. This excitement is what keeps us going!

11. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hey Tim, I am cleaning shop as we speak, I cant believe how fast I get unorganized when Im into a project. Maybe I will set up a spray booth so I can start painting the bonez when I get them. :cool:
    I have a couple of the BAF yaks and they are alot of fun, they feel like a large scale gasser on steroids. I wish I traced them before the build but you could take any size Yak and scale it up at Kinkos. Cant wait to see all of our builds come together. I hope to be cutting pretty quick after the build as well.
    I have several designs I need to start working on to get ready for cutting. I need to learn sketchup and make the cut files :geek:

John

12. iflyos

iflyos Member

Hey John,

I just got off a yahoo video chat with my Buddy Chris, who will be helping with the build of the MKII as well as the design of some foamies for us to cut....It was pretty cool to show him all the parts and such and hear him get as excited as I was when I looked at them for the first time. He lives about 3 hours away, so I hope to get the shop pretty well cleaned and ready so when the Bonez get here, he and his family can come down for a few days to be here for the first cuts!!

As far as the BAF, I am thinking I am just gonna take some plans I did for a Sukhoi a while back, and draw them in Sketchup to a size close to a BAF. I haven't decided if I will do the removable wing size or the other one yet, but I guess I need to figure it out pretty quick!!

Man...talk about cleaning the shop, I sure have alot of junk here I can part with! My shop serves triple duty, R/C hobbies, Amateur radio, and electronics. I really need to buckle down and set up some defined areas for each one, and stick to it. Right now, I can hardly get to the radios for all the airplane stuff!!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

13. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

That would be a sweet plane to BAF out. I love the sukhoi based on design, over the yak but they both fly equally well. Cant wait to see your creation!! Now get to that cleaning :mrgreen:

If I could just stay away from this computer I may get something done in the shop , ha ha ha

I really want to lay out all the parts but would loose something or my kids would run off with a few :)

John

14. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hey guys, I am a proud owner of the MKII and took some pics of my pre build with the hardware layed out on the work bench!!!! Thanks again Mark and Trish for a great job on this machine!!

John Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Crash

Hey, John! Now that I've seen your pic, I can associate your face with your user ID. LOL I remember you from Toledo.

Have you watched the build vid yet? I watched all of it in a couple of sittings during the girl's nap times. I am STILL beside myself in AWE at Mark's engineering skills. I mean, OMG! It is truly a feat of engineering and a work of art.

For efficiency sake, you should consider building those rollers to occupy yourself while waiting for the rest of the goodies to come in. That's what I did two days ago! :D They are kind of a PITA and one of the steps I hate the most so I was anxious to get that step over with. LOL

16. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hi Mike, Im with you, I was intending on doing the rollers yesterday but my Sons B Day party is this weekend and I have a list a mile long from the Wifey :) .

I have watched about 4hrs of the build video and this will definitely make it go much easier! The Y-Z gantry assembly is awesome as far as how many pieces make up this unit. I cant wait to get started and should be able to fly through some of these steps. :cool:

Mark is amazing with his knowledge and precision of explaination,. He gives many useful tips and its great to know that he is human when he is willing to admit to some goof ups ha ha ha.I had a few laughs when He would say" Oh wait a minute I should have done it this way (or) oops I got glue on the slide bars). :lol: I really feel like this is a Family and am glad to be one of the first to purchase the MKII. What a ride we have ahead of us!!!!
    Take it easy my Friend,
    John

17. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Great feedback. Thank you for posting the pics and for your compliments Crash and xtreme. Really great to hear. We worked really hard on the MK II and as far as we're concerned, you comments and compliments are the pay off. Of course, we can't wait until you have them built and running as well :) After having the original Phlatprinter in our garage for several years, one of the coolest things for us is to see a picture of it in someone elses garage. It's really a very strange cool thing to see. Now, we haven't had the MK II as long as we had the original Phlatprinter but we put so much of ourselves into it, we believe we will get the same feeling. We can not wait for more pics!! So, keep them coming. We know you guys are on pins and needles as are we...it won't be long now.

Mark and Trish

18. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

xtremeRCpilot, like mike said, i remember you from Toledo..i didnt really have much to say, as mark, trish and mike have the gift of selling...i was the big monkey like fella hanging around the booth...take your time on your new printer, and do a good job....and welcome to the phlatboyz. peace, randy.

19. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Randy, I remember you as well! Its great being part of the PHLAT Family :) I have the rollers done and set up the Flex shaft... I have a tendency to be over meticulous. It may take me longer than others but it should build pretty good. I have been watching the video and have about 5 hrs in on it, it goes fast considering it hold my interest. Mark and Trish really did there homework, this has been a fun experience and I look forward to cutting some foam!
    Take care my Friend
    John

ROLLERS DONE!!!
    PS My wife wouldnt let me touch her after doing these, it turned my hands into shredded beef! HA HA Ha Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Nice, xtremeRCpilot

Lookin Good :D

Better get in good with your Wife now, Because she won't see you for a Long While after the rest of the package gets delivered.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

After I got My MKI going I was in the Basement for a solid month. :eek: Designing,Cuttin,Building :eek:

I am getting the Basement back together now. I spent the whole day on it and it's still not done. "It was so Trashed" My wife only had a Little Walkway to get to the Washer and dryer. :roll:

Cheers
    E-T

21. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hey E-T.... we think alike :) I know when I get this excited about something, I will be devoured by ( what my son calls) the Dungeon. I might not see sun light for a week or two ha ha ha. I finally did a thorough cleaning and feel a bit organized. I think I spent a good part of Saturday doing so. At least I found a couple lost tools !!!

i will try and post some pics of my progress... Hope everyone does as well... I plan to paint mine and am not sure what color, I like the candy apple red and the all white stormtrooper scheme.

thanks for the good words
    John

22. iflyos

iflyos Member

Any word yet on when the cabinets might start shipping?

Tim
    AG4RZ

23. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

I think Mark said they will go out in intervals, some have shipped, by the order they were purchased, no names but I think I have a tracking #.. WOOO HOOOOO!!!

John

we are all very excited, the anticipation is killing me :p

24. iflyos

iflyos Member

To cool, John! I am hoping mine gets here before the 6th of July...I took that following week off so I could build it...

Tim
    AG4RZ

25. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Awesome Tim, I hope so too, so we can rack each others brains on getting these built ASAP!! Im sure yours will be there soon!! :cool:

John