1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

The PhlatBench

Discussion in 'GENERAL Phlatprinter talk' started by Flashsolutions, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Now that you have a PhlatPrinter, you may want a PhlatBench. That's what I call my new all-in-one workbench.

I purchased a workbench from Home Depot back a few weeks ago. It was a simple MDF and two by four bench.

I spiced it up by putting on a Formica top and added casters to the legs so that I could move it around the workshop.

Next, I added a built in router for putting edges on the 3/4" foam that I often cut.

I was running out of room in the workshop and got tired of having no place to cut the tabs to get my parts from all of the foam I am cutting, so I decided I needed a drop leaf table which could support a sheet of 24 x 48" foam.

Another trip to Home Depot to get some piano hinge, a sheet of 3/4" shelving cut to 24x48", a set of cabinet drawer slides and two pieces of two by four and some 1x3 completed the shopping list.

The workbench is 5' and stands 30" high. With the drop leaf outstreached, I now have a great place to work and it all folds down and out of the way when I am finished with my projects (which is rare). Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

That is really slick..

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Man what a great setup, cool idea I need to do this as well I always end up trying to cut everything out on the foam tables but they just do not have the strength for that. This is perfect
    thanks for sharing that with us
    BTW I think this would go great under the Phlatmods section too
    Mark

4. MarxNarx

MarxNarx New Member

Yes, that is very sweet! :idea: