1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

The TR260 and Open Rail PhlatLAB 6/20/12

Discussion in 'PhlatLAB LIVE shows' started by theothers, Jun 20, 2012.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

This weeks Phlatlab episode we update the guyz on the incredible progress on the Open Rail Project and we cut out and build Gary's (rescue91j1)'s posted TR260.

You can view the thread and download the free Phlat Code here: http://phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=38468#p38442

You can check out our Open Rail Kickstarter Project here:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/openrail/openrail-open-source-linear-bearing-system?ref=live

You can purchase Model Plane Foam here: http://www.modelplanefoam.com Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I was right! The counter-sink for the motor mounting screws IS on the wrong side, or is there a more nefarious reason for the counter-sink to be on the front side? :questions: :questions:

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

lol actually I found out that its the metal motor mount that already has the countersinks in it. The plastic firewall thingy we made, does not need them at all.
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes its the simplest things that turnout to be the hardest to figure out. Like which side to cut the bevel on for the flaps! :D
    Mark and Trish

4. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

You guy's surprised me last night on the show.
    You had some good ideas for the plane Mark.
    Sorry ,I forgot to put the canopy on the plans to be cut.
    I am going to redo the skp file and add the hole for the rod and the other locking tabs. :doubleup:
    I really like the motor mount you did for it.May be a good idea to make more and put them in
    the Phlat store.All of my foamies have that round wooden mount on them.

5. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

You're right, for that motor it doesn't need them but if it needed them, than they are on the wrong side. :fugly: :fugly: I, personally, prefer no counter sink at all. :tease:

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Gary but thats all you man! :good: Its a really nice design and it cut out and went together perfectly (well except for my building mistakes) I think this will be a good flyer to.
    Got any ideas on a power system for it?

@Yoram I don't think there is a need for a counter sink in the firewall for any motor(that I can think of :questions: ), so I will just do like you say and leave them out all together. If we find a setup that needs them its easy enough to make a version with them.(on the right side of course ) :)

Mark and Trish