1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

To the Phlatscript Maintainers

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by mrbubbs, Mar 26, 2009.

1. mrbubbs

mrbubbs New Member

I have a few simple, minor changes I'd like to see incorporated in the Phlatscript.

I just added some parenthesis to function calls, removed some leading spaces before open parenthesis in function calls. Doing this got rid of all the warnings when I load the scripts in the Ruby Console in Sketchup manually. Not a big deal, but it makes me feel better. :)

Also, is it possible to change the Phlatboyz scripts folder from Tools to the Plugins folder in the Sketchup dir? I have a patch to do this. This would be nice for people doing things on Mac. (I code on Win7beta and OSX, so I wouldn't be hurt if you said no. :) )

Not sure how many programmers there are working on the code, I assume maybe 1-3. Any procedure I should follow when submitting code changes?

Any plans on setting up a git repository or subversion? That'd be pretty cool. One situation this would be nice is when I was working on patching some faulty default settings for the constants when exporting gcode, this was already fixed for the next release. If I could've pulled the "bleeding edge" version of the Phlatscript, I would've seen these changes were already done, and I would've just waited for the next version to be released and worked on something else. Of course, maybe there aren't all that many people working on the Phlatscript to warrant such a thing yet. I'm cool with emailing or posting my revisions here if that's the case.

2. janbjorn

janbjorn Member

That would be really cool indeed.

Another question: Is there any changelogg or some document that explains new features?

/Jan

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

See PM

4. JBourdon

JBourdon New Member

I have a suggestion too:

gcode supports both relative and absolute positioning.

could we have absolute positioning to dictate where a group cut will be place on the Depron
    then switch to relative positioning inside a group cut?

Like that, it would be very easy to manually edit gcode, either to cut/paste a block, or make a small modification to it.