1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Trouble With Trying to Generate Phlatcode

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by dugd1013, Jan 17, 2011.

1. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

I have went back through the Sketchup tutorial and I'm still not sure what I have done wrong with my drawing. I can't get it to generate any Phlatcode. I realize now that I should have started everything in version 7 due to the the random bugsplats. I figured I was into this project so far I might as well try and finish it. If someone could point out the fine points of components, grouping and when to and when not to I'm still not sure how to use those functions properly. Also, how or can I actually set up to cut sheets in one model since all the parts don't fit on one sheet? I think I'm given myself a headache at this point! :oops:

Thanks,

Doug Attached files Wild One V1 Final Sheet One Coded.skp (444.6 KB)Â

2. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

Looks like it was a safe area issue. Can the safe area be modified for 24 x 36 inch sheets? Modifying the dimensions in the parameters window didn't seem to work so well.

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Doug,

Your drawing is messed up. The major axis seem to have been moved. I got no idea how to move them back. So I copied and "pasted in place" into a new drawing. And that fixed it. I've included the file, but maybe you should try the fix yourself. You have other problems, too. See the pictures. Flipping a part with phlatlines, will mess up the gcode.
    [btw, I use the "Product Design & Woodworking" template]

To do multiple sheets, you just lay out the parts in several areas. Then place a new safe area and generated a gcode file for each sheet. The old safe area, is automatically deleted. Do not group the safe area with your part.

You don't need to group parts. The Phlatscript will find the best path. But if you want to control the order of cut, then group your parts and they will cut in that order.

-Kwok Attached files Wild One V1 Final Sheet One Coded_fixed.skp (194.5 KB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

That explains a lot of what I was seeing. I did break several of the rules you mentioned above without knowingly doing so. I'll committ them to memory so as not to end up with the same problem in the future. I remember the axis going haywire at one point, I don't recall how I managed to do that either. It's been pretty much trial and error after watching Crash's Tutorial. It's really tough to take it all in and not want to go at it full bore! :oops:

Thanks a ton for the advice and assistance!

Doug