1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

WANTED - Easy-CNC Stepper Motor

Discussion in 'PARTS BIN' started by Crash, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Hey gang! I am in the midst of designing a 4 axis CNC Hotwire machine so that I may be able to cut out airfoils for some new designs I am working on. Not too long ago, I upgraded my stock MKI machine with new and higher torque steppers and just threw the old motors in a box (I'm glad I did that rather than throwing them away!). Now I have a use for them, but am in need of 1 more.

If you have upgraded your Easy-CNC steppers to something more robust and have those old motors just laying around, perhaps you might consider selling me one dirt cheap? If so, pop me a PM! :D

The cool thing about this new machine is that it will not require a lot of torque for the steppers so it makes a perfect opportunity to recycle some older components like those steppers that proved to be "less than optimal" for the MKI.

Thanks for your time!

2. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

Hi Michael,

Sent you a PM. Sounds like a cool project.

Matthew

3. Chuck

Chuck New Member

"Crash". Did you ever find a stepper motor? If not, I have 3 brand new which I bought on Ebay. If your torque demands are not too high, these might be the ticket for you. They are in a box in my shop and I have no use for them. I don't know what you want to spend for a motor, but if you are still looking we can make a deal for all three.

Chuck
    ...somewhere in Indiana...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Hey gang, I'd like to find another of those leftover Easy-CNC steppers too, because I'm also going to make a 4-axis CNC Hotwire. PM me and I'll Paypal the money to you.

5. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Dennis, I don't think you can beat the deal you get for the MPJA steppers. They are only $13. Can't get much cheaper than that. :D And they are new and more powerful.

6. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Yeah, after i got the MPJA steppers I threw the Easy-CNC ones in the trash.

7. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

I got an extra stepper coming from Thewz, so I should be set now. Chuck, thanks for the offer; I'll let you know if I end up needing any more.

Just to clarify, I totally agree that the MPJA steppers are the greatest value I've seen out there thus far. The problem is that I need 4 steppers for this project. The requirement for this project is that the motors supply about 30 oz-in of torque. It would cost me approx $70 for 4 new Vexta steppers from MPJA (shipped). I have 3 Easy-CNC steppers left over from my upgrade on the MKI and they easily fit the bill. I bought one motor from Thewz that matched what I already had, resulting in A). an expenditure of significantly less than $70 for steppers on this project, and B). I'm in a situation that has allowed me to "recycle" what I already had rather than it going in a landfill. :D

I am all about being thrifty (why pay more for something if you don't have to?) and try hard to not waste resources, when possible. Goodness knows, I've done enough of that in my lifetime!

If you're wondering about the project I'm working on, check out this link:

http://www.drayconstruction.com/foamstuffs/

I have decided that, rather than re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, I just bought the plans from these people and will be building their version of this machine. If you are clueless about a CNC hotwire machine, I would highly recommend that you order these plans - they're cheap ($9.95) and do a very nice job helping you to build a 4axis CNC Hotwire machine for less than $300.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Great 'spanation Crash. I'm looking for another Easy-CNC stepper from someone's someday stash.