1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

What Depron to get

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by rcav8r, Mar 10, 2011.

1. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Hi all;

Looking to take advantage of my coupon at RCFOAM. I'm mostly a balsa/ply guy who occasionally works with FFF......
    So with that said, what would be a good stock of depron/carbon fiber rods to get? I have my standard sizes of balsa/ply I keep as I know what I use for 90% of my projects, but have no idea what to get when it comes to foam/depron

THANKS in advance
    Dave

2. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

If you like micros get 3mm
    standard size foamies use 6mm
    I personally have never used 9mm.
    I usually get around 1/8" carbon fiber tubes for spars

3. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Dave...for the most part, grey and white Depron is not available in the same size sheets but you should have some of both. I have never tried their variety pack but that might be a good idea. Like Jeff, I use 1/8 carbon TUBES for spars on smaller aircraft. On larger aircraft I use good old fashioned carbon arrow shafts. I also find flat carbon strips extremely handy. I use the lighter strips to face the wing surfaces to add strength. Also the horizontal stab trailing edge. You might want to try some of that. I use very little 9mm EPP. I find it hard to work with. It won't take stick on decals or vinyl Shipping can be high, so get enough to make it worth you while.

Chuck