1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Windows Size for SketchUcam Parameter Dialogue

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by ahd71, Jan 30, 2012.

1. ahd71

ahd71 New Member

The window size for the modal parameter windows was not big enough to fit the content. The buttons were positioned outside the window which isn't scalable. My workaround was to go to last field "Comment Remark" and press TAB to pan the window and make the OK button availible.

By changing the value for height in ParametersTool.rb from 780 to 870 the window was large enough on 1920x1080 resolution (Windows 7 SWE with Google Sketchup 8).

However I quickly tested in 1024x768 where the dialog window doesn't fit on the screen so I believe the long term solution is to add scroll bars to the window or to arrange the content in dual columns.

At least the quick fix for thoose having the problem and large enough screen is to change the following line:

[pre] height = 870
    [/pre]

2. ahd71

ahd71 New Member

An altarnative method (better) is to change the dialogue to having scroll bars

change from:
    [pre] params_dialog = UI::WebDialog.new(PhlatScript.getString("Parameters"), false, "Parameters", width, height, x, y, false)

change to:
    [pre] params_dialog = UI::WebDialog.new(PhlatScript.getString("Parameters"), true, "Parameters", width, height, x, y, false)[/pre]

Note that it is important to also add some extra pixels to the width of the window. I changed from 427 to 445.

width = 445 [/pre]

I belive that this part of code could be even more general to adopt to screen size etc instead of hardcoding the format.

BR/ahd71

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

ahd71, you must be using SU 8. I had the same problem in 8 but not in 7.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thank you ahd71!
    Mark and Trish