1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Would these work to control your PP ?

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Logitech 963292-0403 Dual Action 12 Button Gamepad USB For PC/Mac, free with $4.99 shipping, March 1 only. http://tinyurl.com/yjlqfut

This is a serious question, I wonder if I should get one for my MK1.5?? :?
    [​IMG]

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I know Mach's plugin page has a joystick plugin and an xbox controller plugin and I thought I saw someone somewhere in the phlatforum talking about using a game controller like this, so I think yes. I would search more for the links but I'm about to go to work.

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I think it would work as well
    Here is the link for the plugins
    http://www.machsupport.com/plugins.php
    Plus if its USB you could use the keygrabber program in the mach3 fold to assign each button
    Mark

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Dorsal, thanks for sharing. It's a great deal and I've just ordered 2. I've got a youtube video on setting up keygrabber and there is also a way to setup the window's shortcut so keygrabber and mach3 run from the one shortcut. -Kwok

5. crash5050

crash5050 Member

I just ordered 2, heck for 10 bucks I can fly Microsoft Flight Simulator X with them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I ordered one of them myself, figuring if I can't use it, I'll give it to one of the grandkids. :)

7. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

They work great with the Mach3 plugin. I use one on my gantry router. I have one stick for my x and y and the other for my z. Nice thing about them is the further you push/pull the sticks the faster that axis will move. Great for making very small adjustments.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

lovebugjunkie, that's great to hear! I was hoping to get some form of proportional controls of the axes.
    Which Mach3 plugin do you use? There seem to be a bunch of them available. :? CandCNC MPG101B? Joystick? Powermate? Shuttlepro? Xbox 360?

9. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

I use the Xbox360 version on a wired controller. Windows will want to update the driver from the one mentioned on the Mach3 site, I never did the update so not sure a newer driver will work. Newer controllers have more buttons which you will not be able to use with this plugin. I have never found that a problem.

Also if you use a wired controller you will see "low battery" errors in mach3, so far this has no negative effect on the wired controller if you use one.

10. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Got my two, today. I tested one and working great. Just plugged in the usb port. The sticks and button all felt high quality, like you would expect from logitech. Windows show 12 buttons, even thought there are only 10 buttons on the gamepad. So possibly you can wire in two more buttons internally. I would buy 2 more of these, in a heartbeat. :mrgreen: -Kwok

Attached files [​IMG]

11. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

How many shoulder buttons does it have? It looks like 12 buttons from here. Select, Start, 1..4, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, and four for the left thumb pad. The two sticks should be "analog" wipers.

12. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

4 shoulder buttons. I check again and actually, I see the buttons are all numbered on the controller. 1-4 you see already in the last pic, 5-8 the front shoulder buttons, 9-10 are the two forward center buttons. The third button in the center is a mode switch, so doesn't count. The thumb pad operates the "Point of View Hat", so you can look at that as 4 extra undocumented buttons. But nothing activates buttons #11 or #12 as show in the controller properties (pic below). -Kwok

Oh, I though of something. So just checked and they are not pulling a fast one and doubling up the buttons for the thumb pad, either. Pressing the thumb pad in various positions, all the 10 buttons still work independently.

Attached files [​IMG]

13. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Thanks for the extra info. I think I might pick one up for .... playing games. Everything I have seen from Logitech is pretty sturdy and fairly well made.