1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

X axis not returning to zero

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Build Support' started by scottiesoccer1, Jan 20, 2012.

1. scottiesoccer1

scottiesoccer1 New Member

I can calibrate my machine to 42 inches which is a longer run than I need it to ever run. And it calibrates perfectly. but when I run a cut file and it returns back home the x returns back home anywhere fro 1/8 to 3/8 past the zero point. During the cut file each part starts and stops at the same point and there arent any visable slips or missed steps. I have read others having this issue on pp3 and older machines but have yet to read an answer. The issue really becomes a huge problem when I have to run 2 cut files, the first one I run is a milling file. Then since the milling is a ling file the x axis normally returns back to the zero point about 3/8 of an inch past. Then when I load the perimeter cut file I put the bit back a the original start point ( the start point before any cutting has been done). and the entire file is off in relationship to the first cut file.

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Huhhhh I can't say I've had this issue.
    One of the issues I had when I fired up my PP/// was the wrong voltage set for the stepper. It caused some weird calibration issues, but once I got that sorted out, all was well.

On a hunch... Make sure the pulley on the stepper is not slipping, even though it's an overshoot issue the slippage may be occurring on the out trip, and not the back trip.