1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Yak-32

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by sdparkflyers, Mar 16, 2010.

1. sdparkflyers

sdparkflyers New Member

Here is one of the first planes that I ever designed using google sketchup that I printed as a pdf and cut out myself. the plane is built using all budget hardware that you can find at hobby City

3. 5gram servos
    Bluewonder 1300-1500 KV Motor. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=2069&Product_Name=hexTronik_24gram_Brushless_Outrunner_1300kv&aff=1631
    10 amp brushless speed Control
    GWS 4 channel Rec " I updated mine to a specktrum after the Maiden flight
    GWS 9050 Prop
    7.4 volt 2cell 360-500 mah pack
    All 1.3# 9mm EPP foam
    3mm carbon rods for wing braces and fuselage and tail bracing
    strapping tape hinges
    Dubro ez-Connectors and hardware

Attached files yak32.cnc (1.2 KB)Â yak32.pdf (233.7 KB)Â yak32.skp (400.4 KB)Â [​IMG]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice job again sdparkflyers!
    Thank you for sharing this
    Who's going to convert this one to PhlatCode so we can add it to the Aircraft section? :D
    Mark

3. sdparkflyers

sdparkflyers New Member

Can i convert them for a platprinter without having a Printer?

I would love to learn how that way If I get my Hands on a printer in teh future I know how to get it done.

Robert

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Sure, just download the latest Phlatscript here --> viewtopic.php?f=98&t=2

Install it, installation info is also there to download, and start using it. The "?" (question mark icon) on the Phlatscript toolbar has a description of what each tool does.

After you have it installed, we will help with any questions you might have.

JOIN THE PHUN! :lol:

5. sdparkflyers

sdparkflyers New Member

Here is my yak32 with the phlatprinter code can someone look at it to see if Im doing this right
    learning new stuff is fun! Attached files yakcode.skp (486.8 KB)Â

6. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Everything looks good for fanfold or 6mm foam, you need to set the thickness of the material in the phlatboyz parameter tab to 9mm or your cuts won't go all the way thru the material.
    Other than that, looks like you nailed it :D

7. sdparkflyers

sdparkflyers New Member

Thanks that brings up another question?

Since you have to setup depth can you tell the printer the cut a 3mm slot in the foam so you can make slots for your carbon rods? just by drawing a line and setting the depth for 3mm.

8. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

yes, use the fold tool and set it at whatever the percentage of the depth of the cut is, I usually set my fold lines at 50% look at the change I made to your file here.
    Actually I made some other changes that will make it much easier to build, look at how I used fold lines set at 20,40,60,80 and 110 percent to make the hinges so you will not need to bevel the foam, let the PP do it for you!!

Re-download the file again to see the changes, I removed the orignal Attached files yakcode.skp (471.3 KB)Â

9. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Robert, on the areas I have pointed out you need to use the "Inside Cut tool". Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Attached files [​IMG]

10. sdparkflyers

sdparkflyers New Member

Thanks partner this whole platprinter stuff is cool and has renergized be to get all my google stuff finished.

I went into the settings for the phlatprinter in google sketchup and see where you can setup thickness and stuff I would guess you just change this based on material to be cut.

And the speed stuff is used to control your printer so you don't damage the material cut so you get the best results.

Im sure I will have many more question and thanks in advance for everyones help.