1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Airbrush Templates

Discussion in 'Functional Art/Craft Designs and Others' started by 7up, Jul 11, 2010.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

John That would be cool! I would like to see the master artist in action!
    Jeff these are great templates! Thank you
    Mark and Trish

2. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Will do my Friend, but lets not go spreading any rumors LOL :D mediocre at best :p

John

3. kram242

Yeah right!
    I have to get the MIII to draw something really cool looking.
    Mark

4. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Sounds cool Mark, cant wait to see it in action!!

So I took a .jpg file and made this cool Mushroomhead logo template( a Friend of mine from High School is the bass player) , I have the code for 2mm depron and a .0313= 1/32" bit !!! I also left it un coded so you can size it to what ever size you want!! ENJOY!!!

Thanks
    John
    BTW I havent cut this yet but I dont see any problems!! Attached files Mushroomhead logo.skp (649 KB)Â [​IMG]

5. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

OK Kidz.... I am going to be doing a new airbrush scheme on one of my signature planes and wanted to give you a sneak peak at the design, it was very labor intensive outlining this from a jpg but I got it done ! :)
    I plan to video the process of my airbrush techniques and will start a new thread on this! :cool:

Thanks again!
    John Attached files [​IMG]

6. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Ooooooohhhhh, I can't wait to see the video. Awesome graphic choice.

7. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks 7up !! You all know I love skulls :D So this will be fun for me !! I hope to get started in a week or two! I will keep you posted!!

John

8. kram242

John this is amazing!! I wish I could draw like you :)
    I am looking forward to this tutorial because I could sure use the help brother :D
    With the MK3 sharpie attachment and a pocket plugin we should be able to draw like this. I think its a great idea to have done this in Sketchup because in the future you could sell these digital designs for guyz(like me) to place into there aircraft designs!
    Thanks for putting this together and sharing your talent with us.
    Mark and Trish

9. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thank you for the kind words Brother :) I have to admit this is not my design as I found this on a web search and traced it to make a template for my stencil... I wish I could draw this good :p With this being said I am looking forward to doing this tutorial and hope we can all learn something from it(including myself ) LOL :D
    I am not good at video editing so If I run into problems I may ask for your advice!!
    It would be great if someday we could get together and throw down some paint! I really enjoy it and never really have a plan, but it comes together like Peanut butter and jelly :lol:

John

10. kram242

You know you have it my friend :) Just go with windows movie maker, its really easy to use.
    What are you thinking about using for the capture program?
    Mark and Trish

11. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

I have the WMM and I like the ease of use, but for some reason I have a hard time converting my files so that it can read it! I believe they save as .mov from my canon video! I have a converter but it was free and expired so I need to find a good converter to wmv files! I wish I had your skilz so I can make it look cool :D
    Thanks for your help Mark!! :cool:
    John

12. kram242

John check this one out. Its not to much and it works great
    http://www.imtoo.net/mpeg-encoder.html
    If you get stuck just let me know and I will try to help the best I can brother :D
    Mark and Trish

13. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Timing on this is great... I was planning to get some paint on a Fancy Foam Edge I've had laying around....I'll definitely hold off until the video.

RE video editing... I tried Windoze movie maker, and it didn't work at all with my old Sony Camcorder, and for me it was rather limited in what it did. So I got an older version of Magix Movie Maker. It was about $20 bucks at the local Staples/Home Depot. It was a rev back from current when I got it so it was marked down, but it still is light years ahead of the included Windows one. I have yet to find a camcorder it won't import from . It also has a lot of advanced editing features that make it really easy to edit to music (not that your gonna do that in this project) , so you can back time an event with the music, etc. I made a few slide shows/videos for the end of season banquet for the kids swim team, and they always get standing ovations :D

I also made a few videos of activities at the club to be shown at the local Hobby Town... They weren't all that interested, so I never finished. I'll have to dig it up and post.

Here's a link to the latest and greatest movie editor... I think I have version 11
    http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-pro/

14. kram242

Dave, I have not tried that one yet, but since they have changed movie maker in windows 7 I will take a look at it. I have heard nothing but good things from Magix Movie Maker.
    Thanks for the reminder I had forgotten about it, but it was on my list to try out.
    Thanks brother
    Mark and Trish

15. rcav8r

Hay Mark/Trish... Not sure if it would be overkill for the kind of stuff you guys do, but the main reason I got it was that WMM wouldn't import form my camera. The fact that it is a really feature rich, easy to use program was an added bonus. If you can find a copy cheap, it sure is worth a look.

Anyway a quick search of the HD turned up the 2 videos I did for the Club. I made a new thread for them. viewtopic.php?f=147&t=2142

Particularly in the 1st one notice the timing of various maneuvers to the down beat of the music. Almost too easy with Movie Magix :)

16. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks rcav8r !! I will look into this program! I guess for this tutorial I really wont need to edit much but I would like to learn more for future videos!! I will try and get started on this in a week after I finish a remodel I am working on, I will have more time!

Thanks for your Help Mark!! Your the Best !!! :D

John

17. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

OK Guys, once I get a program to convert .mod file I should get a video up soon! Here is a sneak peak at the work in progress!! I had a problem with my sd card and some of the tutorial was lost but I should have enough to get the basics out to you! Thanks for your interest! :D

John Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. rcav8r

That's really slick... Can't wait for the tutorial. If you can't find anything to convert the *.mod file, I can try it with Magik

19. 7up

Awesome! just awesome! Great job John. Waitin' on the vids...

-Buk

20. kram242

:shock: Like Buk said just awesome! It looks perfect nice job John :)
    Mark and Trish

21. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Boyz !!!! It is always fun not knowing how it will turn out! In this case I was pretty happy and still need to add some finishing touches.... :cool:

rcav8r... I appreciate this, I will let you know, my brother has a program he thinks will work so I should know in a couple of days when I get a chance to stop by his shop and pick it up :D

Mark and Buk, like I always say, if your in the Cleveland area I would love to have you over to throw down some paint! I will work on getting vid up soon, I wish my media class from high school came in handy but its been...... Well lets just say a few years LOL :D

John

22. 7up

If I'm ever up that way I'll look ya up.

23. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

That's like, totally radical and gnarly, dude! :cool:

24. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

:lol:

John

25. kram242

It came out looking exactly like the original pic you started with! Now, the question is do you have templates that you can reproduce this as many times as you like?
    Mark and Trish