1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Config xml for Mk2

Discussion in '-PHLATPRINTER MKII-' started by HSV_Freak, Oct 19, 2013.

1. HSV_Freak

HSV_Freak Member

I need a config XML for Mach3 for my Mk2 i dont become the machine to work

Sorry for my english

Thanks Alex

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Why do you need the XML? I never needed one. My file will be custom to my machine which is different than your machine. I think you'll be better off adjusting all the setting yourself. It's really not that difficult.

BTW, HSV? Hamburger Sport Verein?

3. HSV_Freak

HSV_Freak Member

Yes Hamburger SV

With the setting from Mark he made, my printer do nothing. I have the olg one with Parallelport, when i use the settings and the Hotkeys it comes no raction from the printer. And my Instruction CD's are lost.

4. TigerPilot

If your printer does nothing then the problem is not the XML file. There is a problem with the communication between the computer and the machine. It's been a long time since I started with my printer but I seem to recall that I had problem too getting my printer to work. I remember that the problem was the pin assignment. I don't have Mach on this computer and I will not have the time to check today on the other computer where exactly you change it but it is somewhere in the configuration.

HSV_Freak likes this.
  5. HSV_Freak

HSV_Freak Member

What CNC Program do you use???? I think its right with the configuration, the printer works for a long time ago. I must delete it from the PC, and with the new installation it do nothing. I dont understand what is wrong, when i check the configuration Mach3 says noch problems.

6. TigerPilot

I'm using Mach3. When I say printer I mean, of course, the PhlatPrinter. I have the PhlatPrinter III.

I think these are the screen prints that are missing in the other thread. If it will not help you. let us know. Port Setup.jpg Motor Output.jpg Input Signal.jpg

7. HSV_Freak

HSV_Freak Member

I test it an thanks for the pics.

8. HSV_Freak

HSV_Freak Member

i have checkt all settings and he do nothing, i think the problem is my printer card. My old PC have the Printer port on the Mainboard, the new PC have a extra card. When i start the printer the stepper motors run. Thanks i change the PC or the cnc card to USB

9. TigerPilot

If it's easier for you you can send me private messages in German.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying that the new PC, when you start it, the motors run? If so, your printer port is fine, I think. Using the USB port is not that simple, you may not work. Most people are using special boards to connect the machine to the PC. USBCNC is one of them. Mark here, is selling these boards.

HSV_Freak likes this.