1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Dollar Tree Foam (F-14) ect

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by rccable, Jun 14, 2010.

1. rccable

rccable New Member

Jeff in reply to the foam I guess 18-20 of all the planes I have built will not fly including the F-14,That fly's very well, I have a 30" Russian S U -47 that will do any maneuver you want all made out of Dollar Tree Foam with no paper on it. I have been using 1/8 bit.
    Now for my problem I used 3DMON f-14 Sketchup file I have not been able to break up the groups to put the pieces on to 20x30 layouts to make cut files. I probably do not know enough about Sketchup to do this. I used Maybz Profile F-14 reduced to 60% and made a smaller profile one it is not finished yet.

2. rccable

rccable New Member

Typo error thats a S U-47 30" ws

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

You should be able to just move the groups and rearrange them into 20x30 blocks.

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I can already tell, you are going to have alot of problems with this one. The phlatlines were done with an old version of the phlatscript, so it's best to delete them all and redo it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Try typing S(space)U as in "S U - 47"
    The abbreviation for Sukhoi is a problem on this forum, because of the hotkey shortcuts.

6. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I went ahead and changed the F-14 to the newer style of Phlatscript. You will find the updated file in the first post of the F-14 thread.

There are no groups in the new file but you should still know how to work with groups.
    Groups can be ungrouped by right clicking on the group and click explode. Working with the parts in groups will help though for moving them around because if not as soon as the part touches another part it links itself to it and then you will have a big mess.

What I would suggest to be able to get the parts situated for you new cutting area would be to triple click on the part to move so that everything is highlighted, group it, then move it to its new home. After all the parts are the way you want them, use the select tool and select all the parts and right click on them and hit explode. All you need to do now is generate the new gcode from the Phlatscript.

A question I have for you though is have you watched the tutorials on how to use the Phlatscript. I recommend doing this as they should help understand things better.

If you still need help let me know and I will try to help you better.

Oh as far as making a smaller version...
    You will need to erase all the Phlatscript lines so that you have the bare parts, scale the model accordingly, then reapply the Phlatscript.

7. rccable

rccable New Member

3DMON
    I figured it out a week ago pretty well just what you said. Thanks for changing the phlatscript. As far as the tutorials I have watched some. And reducing the size I scaled the profile version to 60% and 75% for 20x30 foam I had not read your reply till tonight as I went back to work and I work very looong! hours. Thank You for all your help. Here are just a few planes built with dollar Tree foam To get the paper off I have a large tray and put 70% alcohol in it put the sheet in and 10 to15 seconds peels right off . S U-47, S U-37, F-15, F-18, F-14 SW ver, F-14 full swept ver 40x28ws, 2-F-22, MiG-29,Wing Cat, EF-2000, X-41 Delta Storm, Sky Cart, YF-23,4F-51and a Rocket And a few others in the build process Including a F-18 36"ws ver with removable wings.