1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Foam Safe Paint

Discussion in 'Foam Talk' started by billm, May 26, 2010.

1. billm

billm Member

I'm having a hard time finding foam safe spray paint. I went by the local Hobby Lobby, as in the past I bought silver foam safe spray there. They don't carry it any more. But, they did have Krylon H2O spray Latex (foam safe) on clearance. I bought a half dozen cans in basic colors (looks better than Dow Blue LOL) for $2.15 a can. That's about $3.50 off. I have used this to make train and slotcar layouts out of Blucore for displays in my stores. It works great. If you have a Hobby Lobby nearby and need something foam safe it's worth looking at. They also have the Foamwerks foam cutting tools on clearance for more than 50% off.

Bill
    Hobby Central

2. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Get a cheap airbrush from Harbor Freight $12 and some Apple barrel paints $.99 -$2.99 (craft section).
    Thin the paint with 90% rubbing alcohol and go to town. It dries almost instantly with the alcohol thinning it.

3. billm

billm Member

I have airbrushes and acrylic paint - it takes too long with the clean up. LOL.

4. cptdragn

cptdragn Member

5. cptdragn

cptdragn Member

As a second option, look at painting with latex paints. You thin it with windex and roll it on with a roller or foam brush. both give really good results and clean up is fast. You can get a sample can in what ever color you want from home depot or lowes for about $3.00 a can.
    We always have them shoot in just a bit of extra pigment to make up for the thinning. Works great.