1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

G-code quits before completion

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by WW8S, Feb 14, 2009.

1. WW8S

WW8S Member

Is anyone else noticing the 0.911 quits generating g-code before completing all the cuts. Several trys get different results.

Also, I don't see it ever shut the spindle off and return to home, is that a feature or part of this bug?

I'm not out at my machine, just simulating with Mach.
    Dave

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Good Lord! I just re-generated the code for that F-22 skp file and what a MESS!
    Line 4 sets the Spindle speed at "Snil" "unauthorized content"
    Replace "Snil" with "S15000".
    A ton of lines try to set a Feed Rate for Z at 0
    "unauthorized content"
    Replace "F 0" with "F 90"

I've generated g-code before with the earlier version and it didn't always shut the spindle off and return to home, either. So, I just added these lines at the end of the file:
    G00 Z 0.050
    G00 X 0.000 Y 0.000 Z 0.000 F90
    M9
    M49
    M0

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Hummm. I just compiled a sheet for a trainer I am building for my son w/ 9.10 and all was well. While that was cutting I downloaded 9.11 and compiled the 2nd sheet. That too was just fine except now the lines are color coded for cut and travel. I didn't change any of the setting in the options dialog box.

FWIW, I got "cleaner" code w/ 9.11. Less traveling around between parts.

How did you do the upgrade? I renamed all the 9.10 files/folders to old_* and then placed the new ones in where they belong. I renamed in case I needed to back out of the upgrade. Knock on foam, so far I don't need to. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Okay, I've done some more playing.
    It seems the PhlatCode takes some time to generate and if you don't wait :oops: for the program to finish and display the ". . . file generated" message, YOU'll stop the file before it finishes.
    Also, I continued to get the "Snil" and "F 0" errors UNTIL i went into "Tools" "Phlatbox" "Enter Parameters" screen and typed the values I wanted into the errant "Spindle Speed", "Feed Rate" and "Plunge Speed" boxes, overtyping the Spindle Speed setting, btw. Suddenly all the numbers are correctly getting generated into the G-code. Also, the file now has the proper homing commands at the end of the file.
    btw, the new PhlatCode works great except for these little bugs. Inside cuts and outside cuts are in the proper direction, travel lines are a different color from cut lines, COOL!

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I have also noticed that you have to hit the parameters icon and hit ok to sorta initialize the script then if you run the gcode it seems to work?
    Mark

6. rcav8r

Yep, I always did this w/ 9.10 also or I got weird results.

7. rayclark

rayclark Member

Have a question on the new script. What exactly is the spindle speed setting used for? Are some people using something different than a dremel that allows it to be changed through the software? Is it ok to just leave the spindle speed setting at the default of 15000 or should I be setting it to something different?

Thanks

8. rcav8r

I left mine the default, and all was well. There is a way in Mach to control the speed. I don't think any one here is using this feature as the stock Dremel isn't capable.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

If you'll visit cnczone.com, you'll find that people are running all kinds of CNC mills, lathes, routers, laser and plasma cutters, you name it, using Mach to control them. It has a lot of settings and capability that we don't use or need for the PP, and that is just one of them.
    Mach must have a non-zero number for the spindle speed, or the pc will not run, and "S 15000" is as good as any other number for our purposes.

10. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

That right, it mainly for a analog speed control unit on the spindle controlled by singles send from Mach. This one may work I have too look more into the specs just found it on google real quick http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product ... ucts_id=58
    If you had a part for instance that you designed to be cut from plastics you would have a lower spindle speed so that it would not melt the plastics onto the bit.

You can even go a step farther by adding tool numbers that would allow for the correct bit for the job to be used by going through a tool change macro to grab the right bit before it starts its cut and even throughout the job. For instance if you wanted to have a sign made with lettering done using a V groove and the rest of the sign would be a ball nose cutter. Then mach would stop and grab the vbit when called for and continue cutting using that bit. Pretty cool stuff :)
    Mark