1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Generate 3D doesn't create any code

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Robert Joost, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Robert Joost

Robert Joost New Member

I was getting the 3D code to work fine. But since the last time that I loaded sketchup, when I try and generate a 3d gcode, nothing happens. I am not doing anything differently since I last had it working. I click to generate the code and absolutely nothing happens, no thinking, no file saved, nothing.

When I generate a 2D g-code I get an output that works fine. Did I do something? Am I missing something? I am new to sketchucam so it's definitely possible that I goofed somewhere, but I don't feel I'm doing anything differently than before. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Can you post the 'offending' file?

3. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

4. Robert Joost

Robert Joost New Member

That's the thing, Swarfer, I've read all those already. I'm not getting bad code, or missing code, I'm getting no code. When I try to generate a 3D code, it doesn't do anything, it doesn't create a file, it doesn't output anything. When I do 2.5D, it puts out a code no problem.

It was working a couple of days ago. I'd click generate 3D and it would take a minute to think and then prompt me that the file was created and show my the plot. Now it does absolutely nothing when I click it.

And TigerPilot, there is no "offending" file. It is any file, any shape. I create a new skp and I create just a box and that won't even work, let along a more complex 3D. It doesn't matter what shape I do.

And if I open a file that I've successfully created a 3D from, with the original settings that worked intact, and try to generate a new 3D, it does nothing this time around. It's weird, like the button is broken or something.

I'd like to reinstall the plugin, but I'm not sure how. How do I delete the plugin entirely to reinstall it? Can't find any files in the "Tools" folder in my skp 2014 file.

Also, the blue question mark in skp doesn't do anything or bring anything up... I think there may be a glitch?

5. Robert Joost

Robert Joost New Member

Ok weird glitch.... I have to type in .cnc manually when I output and that seems to work ok.... Hopefully that's all it was.

6. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

That is a very old bug, you really need to upgrade Sketchucam
    you do not need to uninstall anything
    install the latest (1.1e_beta4)
    restart Sketchup

7. Robert Joost

Robert Joost New Member