1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Help with Sketchup to PDF

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by bwbeast, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bwbeast

bwbeast New Member

Hi. I'm new to this forum, first of all I would like to say that the whole flatboyz thing is pretty cool! I am very exited about getting my own Phlat Printer and Former one of these days! Anyway down to business. I have attempted to design an air plane much like Martin Newells P 51
    http://mnewell.rchomepage.com/Planes/P-51/P-51.html

I have followed 3dmons tutorial on making a Pdf and everything works, accept I have one problem. The whole plan should fit on 3 or 4 prints, the fuselage is only 10 1/4", but no matter what I do it always comes up as 10 prints (a lot of wasted white space). I have even tried to make a print of just one component, when it prints, it splits it into two prints. Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Brian

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the Phlatforum.

Go to this link and get PDF Cropper

It's free and does a great job at cropping out the white space.

Hope this helps.

-Buk

3. bwbeast

bwbeast New Member

Thank you, I've tried this, maybe I'm missing something I can't get it to work. I've downloaded the ghost script and can't find the executable file .

Thanks again Brian

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, here is the Ghostscript installation file. Once it is installed there is no .exe file. When you start your computer it loads up and stays resident in memory.

Maybe this will help? Attached files gs871w32.zip (15.5 MB)Â

5. bwbeast

bwbeast New Member

I will give that a try. Thanks again.

Brian

6. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

There is still another way of doing this without the cropper.
    I really need to do another video tutorial showing how and hope to get a new one done by next week. I will try to explain it for you here though.
    You basically do everything in the video but then you take your main Sketchup window and size it down to get it so the majority of the white space is gone. Also instead of checking model extents now you want to uncheck it. Also to get vector instead of raster click the high accuracy box. After this just print.

See the attached pics for a better understanding.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. bwbeast

bwbeast New Member

Hi guys. Thank you for the the info. My apologies. I just found out that a favorite Aunt of mine is on her death bed, so I am going to have to put this on hold while I travel across country. I plan to be back in about a week. I hope you will have the time and patience to share some insight then.

Thanks again

Brian

8. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Brian, sorry to hear about your Aunt, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Mark and Trish

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Prayers for you and your family Brian, and for the joyful reunion of your Aunt with the Lord.
    O SON OF THE SUPREME! I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom? (Baha'u'llah, The Hidden Words)