1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

How's this for a FFF plane

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by Flashsolutions, May 3, 2009.

1. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I just got back from SEFF 2009, my first attendance at a really big all electric R/C air show.

Over 500 pilots signed up this year and I got the opportunity to fly with 11 other pilots at the same time in close vicinity and still bring my plane home in one piece. Actually, counting the planes that overflew their zone, there were probably as many as 14 of us flying in the same area at times.

There were 4 zones, sport flying, park flyers, 3D, and heli.

There were planes of every size and description including a 150 mph glider, a $7000 all carbon fiber plane that unfolds from a bag and carries 2 cameras and a GPS and is used in Afghanastan for aerial surveylance.

But one of the planes that caught my attention was a fiberglassed plane made from a base material of, you guessed it, Fan Fold Foam.

It was a beauty! I did not get to see it fly because I left before they finished getting it flight worthy but it was quite a sight to see and included air canister activated retracts.

I got to visit with a number of vendors, RCfoam, Dreamit, and the CNCdeamon guy to name a few, all of which had met Mark and Trish at Toledo.

SEFF was a supurb event. If you've never been before, you need to go to this one next year. It was extremely well organized and a lot of eye candy to whet your appetite. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

Cool! It's hard to tell what's under the paint when a master builds it.

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Wow! She's a beauty! I need to go up to SEFF sometime, I just hate the drive.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Alright thats it were going next year! :D
    Cool pics Flash thanks for posting
    Mark and Trish

5. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

I have to get there next year, that is one sweet bird!!! Im sure we will see many Phlatprinter custom planes in the years to come:) Thanks for the pics!!!

John