1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

I cant get Phlatscript to output on this file

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by power67, Dec 4, 2009.

1. power67

power67 New Member

Hello all;
    I must be doing something wrong on this one as I have output a few files on other designs and it all worked fine. can you guys take a look at this and see what you can come up with. I have tried a few things and gotten nowhere.

thanks Attached files Grass Dancer cut.skp (186.5 KB)Â

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

power67, im getting something wierd with inside cutouts...but cant figure out yet...

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

4. power67

power67 New Member

Mark that was GREAT! thank you so much. I am sorry for the bad design work, I will get the hang of it.
    one thing that is different on my sketchup is when I create the outside and inside cuts, I get a blue "face" that appears in the new area on outside cuts. I also do not get the "punchout" area inside of inside cuts, they remain blue as well. Any thoughts? I am using sketchup 7.1.4871 pro.

Thanks again.

5. kram242

Its looking great brother, keep up the good work!
    Mark

6. power67

power67 New Member

we are posing at the same time. sorry, I just edited the second post have a look

7. kram242

This is due to not having textures turned on.
    Check this picture to find out how to load the face selector so that you can switch between the different face styles.
    Mark
    Attached files [​IMG]

8. power67

power67 New Member

still no go on the right colors mark. here is a video of what I am seeing.

9. kram242

That is strange. hmmm
    One thing though, you do not want to reverse the faces if that is what you are doing? (I can't tell from the video here) That will cause the machine to cut in the wrong direction for an assigned inside/outside cut.
    I wonder if you need to do the drive bug fix?
    Try going to Window>Preferences>OpenGL and picking the correct the reverse picking driver bug and see if that helps.
    ts far fetched but its all I can think of right now. I would have said it has something to do with the template your using,but we are using the same one.
    Anyone else have any ideas?
    Mark

10. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I think I found your problem.
    Try using the shaded with textures option for the face style under the view tab.
    When I toggled it to monochome it showed what yours is doing.
    Mine is set to shaded with textures.

11. 3DMON

Oops sorry I looked at your video again and saw you had that option checked....odd.

12. 3DMON

You can also try a template without the white background like the product design and woodworking-inches.
    This shouldn't matter but it's worth a try. Attached files [​IMG]

13. power67

power67 New Member

ok guys, some info on the line color face color issues. lets look at the all the variables:

-the machine - 64 bit windows vista box.

software- I was running sketchup 7.1 and then 7.1 pro (paid for it and it still didn't work right :cry: ).

phlatscript - v0.922 manual install/remove then Phlatscript_installer_v922 on both 7.1 pro and free- no dice :cry:

Methods and Methodology:
    between each install, I whipped the machine of all sketchup files and folders, cleaned the registry of entries and removed everything from the recycle bin just incase some lingering settings were hanging the correct settings up.

Manually installed phlatscript and altered the Constants.rb file for the color change affects, line color was correct but face colors and face removal was not present :x

cleaned the machine again and did sketchup install again, installed Phlatscript via Phlatscript_installer_v922 ( side note- vista 64bit machines default to the "program files (x86)" folder and 32 bit machines use "program files"), tried the installs both ways with standard batch file and modified batch file to point to the correct "program file" destination, still no go :evil:

cleaned the machine AGAIN and this time I installed sketchup 7.0 free and phlatscript from installer........Wow it works the right way :shock: :shock: :p :p

Well that worked out ok, wait...., it wants me to upgrade inside sketchup. OK lets see what happens, we already have a good 6 hours into it now what the heck.............OH NO you have got to be kidding me, now it does not work again. :evil: :evil:

Cleaned the system AGAIN and reinstalled 7.0 free, back to working as expected.

After all this, I have no clue as to what the "issue” with my 7.1 install could be.
    Mark, Trish, all of you guys and gals on this board, I have designed and written software for many years and would have thrown out even the best of software solutions after maybe the third reinstall attempt.
    My efforts are a testament to my belief in the concept of “Phatboyzdom” I think when I get done with my kit build and get cutt’n I will be even more impressed with the choice and dedication that all of you, and I, have put into this process.
    It’s a long post/rant but I thought I would share my adventure.

14. 3DMON

So I think I'm reading this right.
    It works fine on 7.0 but not the 7.1.
    When you had the 7.0 up and running it was fine until it asked you to update it right?
    Most of us here have found we did not like the new 7.1 so we say no each time it asks us to update it. Maybe that could be a temporary fix for ya, just don't update it.

15. kram242

Ross,
    I know the feeling about 7.1 I have opted not to install it. I am sticking with version 7.0 it works just fine and they have not really done anything to make 7.1 worthy of making me want to switch over. They did however take away the ability for the free version to import dxf/dwg files (CAD standards) So they way I look at it is if its not broken don't fix it. :)
    That being said. I know that Gasmasher was saying that they changed the color calls in 7.1 So if anyone would know about that problem in more depth he would. I will ask him to chime in here if he has any ideas on this subject.
    Thank you for posting your processes here. It may help others that run into the same problems as you have.
    Mark

16. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

I also chose to stick with the older version of SU since that is what I thought most PS users decided. I will update to the latest SU and see if I can replicate the problem. Something else might have changed that I overlooked when working on the compatibility issues.

I am currently using SketchUp 7.0.10247

17. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

It looks like we are actually dealing with four versions in the 7 series. http://sketchup.google.com/support/bin/ ... wer=141303. There is 7, 7 Maintenance 1, 7.1 and 7.1 Maintenance 1. The rendering options changed in 7.1 but there may have been additional changes in 7.1 Maintenance 1 that we haven't taken into account.

18. kram242

They just can't leave well enough alone can they :)

19. kneedrag

kneedrag Member

FYI you can download the DXF plugin for free for 7.1 I need to find the link quick but they are planning to remove dxf dwg importing out of sketchup from now on unless you use the pro version.

20. kneedrag

kneedrag Member

The link is here so if you want to use 7.1 now is the time to download it. http://sketchup.google.com/support/bin/ ... wer=161784

Really sucky but I read that it is due to licensing costs as they still have to pay
    Autocad for the rights. How true that is I don't know but those are the bits n bobs I have picked up on the various forums.

21. kram242

There are still scripts out there that will let you import dxf and stl files :)
    Mark

22. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

That's probably just an export script, but I am sure someone will write an import one eventually. But you can always just import the dxf into v6.4. Then open the saved file in v7 or whatever. I just tried it and it works.

-Kwok

23. kram242

I keep a copy of 6 on my system just for that purpose :)
    Then if I have a file that needs to be exported as a dxf I save it in the Sketchup 6 format then open it in 6 and export it as a dxf. Its a pain but it does work
    Mark

24. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

What? There is a plugin that exports dxf. I have it installed on sketchup 7.1, right now.

25. kram242

I keep 6 also as a beta test platform for the Phlatscript :D
    Mark