1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

IFLYOS's build log *Now with DETAILS!*

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter MKII BUILD LOGS' started by iflyos, Jul 26, 2009.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

Tim, your PC looks great....if you have a flat on the stepper that should be good. randy.

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

iflyos,

I got no experience with this, until I finish my mk2. But I remember when Mark was testing the prototype, during a live webcast. He wanted to show the PP carving. But he had the same problem with the Z axis. At the time, he though it was a setting he had just changed. Apparently, it had worked fine just prior. As with the chat and live cam, follow up is hard to do. And I never found out what became of it. Did Mark ever mention this and the solution? I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but maybe there is something in the new video they mailed out. It seems to be all about setting up Mach3.

-Kwok

3. iflyos

iflyos Member

Hey Kwok...Mark mentioned h had that issue, and thought it was related to the PFD setting. Being that he is in TN right now, he doesn't have his notes with him, but said he remembered fixing it, but couldn't be sure of the solution.

I Did the setup of Mach with Mark on the phone, actually, and he read his settings off of his machine to me. Even so, I still went thru the "replacement" dvd and verified that I got them correct. Now, I am not saying that I still couldn't have missed something...it is possible. I am hoping it is that simple!!! I plan to run thru it once more this evening, to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling Mach, just to be sure.

I also have the EMC2 Live distro ready to load, just to try a different program and see what the results are. I have a couple of Linux boxes already, so that might be a viable option.

I also wanna see what other trialware/freeware cnc software is out there, just to aid in troubleshooting this. I like the Mach interface, and the Phlatscreen set and would prefer to run it, but one can never have to many tools!!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

4. iflyos

iflyos Member

WOOHOO!!!!!! Break out the Champagene!!! Installed EMC2 and linux in a partition on the machine with Mach, set up the PP in EMC and I am CUTTING WITHOUT ISSUES!!!!!!!

This tells me I built it right, and the electronics are ok!!! Now all I have to do is play with Mach and see what I have wrong in there. In the meantime, I can CUT SOME SERIOUS FOAM!!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you who offered help and suggestions with my problem. It is so cool to have a community of such helpful and well-wishing folks to share this with!!!!

I am so happy to be part of the Phlat Family!!!!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

5. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Tim Just called me a little while ago, to let me know that he had it up and running. Man that made my night!!!

Thanks to all you guys for helping brother Tim.
    Special thanks To Mark & Trish ya'll are just plain awesome!!!!!!!

We will sometime very soon be posting a free cut file from GURU Aviation and hope many more in the future!!

6. iflyos

iflyos Member

Here is a picture of Eli with the Guru 364.5! This is a 40" long, 31" span pusher that we hope will be both a 3D machine, as well as a faster Parkjet.

This one is a chuck glider, and Eli loves to "help" me toss it around to check the CG.

As soon as I get some electronics in one, I will let you guys know how it does.

The 3D version will have a close to mid-mounted motor and prop, to get some prop blast over the surfaces. The faster version will be a pusher..

I just wonder how long before Eli wants to take the radio??

Tim
    AG4RZ Attached files [​IMG]

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Tim/Lucky that is too cool bro! Congratulations!! on a job well done!!
    Soon Eli will need a radio of his own and that is going to be a great day indeed!
    I am looking forward to the 3D version of the GURU 364.5 as most of the guys here on the Phlatforum know I never had much luck with pusher/mid-motor designs, so I am looking to see what you guys come up with and how well it flies.
    Can't wait to see more you your creations.
    Great job Tim and Lucky now it just a matter of thinking up designs :)
    Mark