1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Lets add plywood parts here, by 66tbird

Discussion in '3D models' started by mrbubbs, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mrbubbs

mrbubbs New Member

Lets add plywood parts here
    Post by 66tbird » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:09 pm

I just cut/paste from my RCG post.

I'd like to add a pattern for cutting control horns from 1/16 ply. I use a 1/32 bit with dremal on high and the feedrate set to 20% of normal. Also I did like I've read before. I used a 1/16 shim after the big roller. Basically I lowered the 1/8" bit, laid down a sheet of stringy good for nothing balsa, moved the bit to were the start of the 12" wide ply was going to go, on'd the Dremal, raised and cut a channel. Then I removed the shim and changed the bit. After setting it all backup I set the bit level with the 1/16" sheet and did a tabbing test. Got my Z homed the second try and the job ran perfect.
    Works great, and I see no reason why 1/8 lite ply w1/16 bit would be an issue if you go slow.

Attached files [​IMG] gcode_C_horns16.zip (10.4 KB)Â

2. mrbubbs

mrbubbs New Member

Re: Lets add plywood parts here
    Post by 66tbird » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:07 pm

Here's another project I cut a built today using the 1/32 code. The thing works great. Flip the razor mounting ply for right or left hand pull. Or build two :) I have a YN that is helping me in my endeavors and his jaw hit the dirt when he saw how easy this thing beveled an edge.

I have also created a code for 1/16 bit which I will run tomorrow.

I found out after I designed the thing that there is one out there that can be purchased. Designed and built for the exact purpose. To bevel 6mm foam. A quick chat with my legal minded GF and a little research into the history of bevel cutting tools, which btw they almost all look the same, gives me comfort in posting this one.

On a side note in the hobby cnc field there are a few simple, smaller, table movement type units that can be bought off eBay for about $500 complete after the current 'live.com' 25% discount. Those are perfect for ply (and many other materials) that the PP just can't do. For me I'm starting to see possibilities.

Attached files bevel cutter 16.zip (7.6 KB)Â [​IMG] bevel cutter32.zip (20 KB)Â gcode_Bevel cutter16.zip (899 B)Â gcode_Bevel cutter32.zip (1.3 KB)Â

3. mrbubbs

mrbubbs New Member

Post by 3DMON » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Here is another type of control horn.
    Code added is for a 1/16" bit with 1/16" ply.
    The SU file is plain so you can generate a different code from that if needed.
    I cut these at 30%.

Attached files Angled Control Horns.zip (8.4 KB)Â [​IMG] Control horns 1-16ply.zip (1.1 KB)Â

4. mrbubbs

mrbubbs New Member

Post by 66tbird » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:08 pm

I liked 3DMON's horn so I ran with it.

Attached files [​IMG]